FTPError 550 - Disk quota exceeded although I have 200mb in FTP + DB

samunasser

Reaction score
When I upload a file in the FTP, it creates a zero byte file.
If I try to deploy via github, it returns error 550.
I cleaned up my files two days ago so they'd be around 160mb (around 10k inodes) but still cannot upload or deploy.

Do I have to wait until next month so the quota resets?

And how is the limit calculated? Even if I summed up db + ftp + bandwidth + emails it doesn't count up to the 626mb that cpanel says.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You have nearly 400mb in .trash (Trash Can), orange square on the image shows this.trashcan.png
That would account for the disk usage. It is possible you do not see this folder in ftp, but it is possible to view it in DirectAdmins filemanager.
You can empty the Trash Can from DirectAdmin filemanager by clicking the trashicon with an x in it (circled by turquise on the image)

samunasser

Reaction score
Oh! Thanks!
Didn't know that this space counted in the quota
Problem resolved! :D

Just to clarify:
1) The daily bandwidth is unlimited?
2) The disk space is limited to 512mb of FTP + DB + Email?
3) What counts as inodes in the limit of 50k?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Bandwidth is unmetered (meaning there's no set cap, but if we spot an extreme usage we would likely check the account).
Diskusage counts everything in your account, if you find yourself hitting the cap you can ask to have it increased, if you meet the requirements you would normally get the increase: account being at least a week old, on par with ToS (all files needs to be relevant to your website for instance) and using at least 75% of the current diskspace allotted.
Simplified 1 Inode = 1 file or 1 folder, this includes emails.