Gay marriage

Gay Marriage

• Total voters

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Difficult to see how I missed that -- sorry, it makes perfect sense now. I had seen Jennacide's entry on a previous visit to the page, but for some reason is wasn't on the page when I read your reply. I'm not normally blind (even selectively), and I would solemnly affirm (swearing isn't something I'm spiritually equipped to do) that your posting abutted mine on that reading, but I'm willing to admit that anything's possible with my dementia in play. Carry on -- and I'll leave my idiocy on display for posterity.

I'm sorry to have aroused your ire over a misunderstanding; that was what I was trying to prevent. I certainly didn't intend to put words into your mouth, or to align you in anyone's mind with either side of the argument. (You might want to check out the Westboro group, though -- I'm not using anything like a narrow or one-sided definition of "reasonable" in this instance. That's why I used a link to a source with citations. It's not that they're anti-gay as such -- many people are, in staunch and consistent accordance with their spiritual beliefs -- but their other activities that beggar the imagination.)

Easily missed! Not sure about idiocy though - you're probably one of the most knowledgable people on here. Always putting forward a comprehensive argument. But it's good to debate - keeps the mind sharp. Especially when / if you debate in favour of the side of an argument you're against. Helps to see both sides of the story.

I suspect this thread may be coming to a closing point, however... Happy to be wrong.

Dammit... I wasn't going to check here again tonight ,and now I've gone and replied!

Thomas David Bell

Reaction score
I'm gay and hoestly I don't think that I should be getting married. Yes I want to share my life with someone, and I will, but getting married is something that I shouldn't consider.

I don't believe in god or religion and so why should I want to get married if I don't believe in all the history behind it?

I do however agree that the option should be made available for this that think they should get married.

shaistar

Reaction score
"For me, female-homosexuals are erotic and male-homosexuals are funny nothing else." Lol. But yeah I think homos are people too. They deserve everything anyother human being deserves. Rights, love, companionship, and some consolidation for all the taxes they also pay... Just sayin' :) GO HOMOS!

remy87x18

Reaction score
Yes I agree XX and YY are people too. Whatever right we have, they should have that too. So many congrats to those people.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
NY legalized gay marriage. take that opponents!

Honestly as I said a billion times before how is two men or two women marrying hurting you? Mind your own business. and you have a problem if you're preoccupied with someone else's sexuality or what gender they are attracted to

Last edited:

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
My step dad is gay, and to be honest I get along better with gay men than I do straight men. I have a lot of gay friends and I wouldn't change them for the world. I think it's great that they're legalizing gay marriage in more and more parts of the world. It's a shame people dislike people based on their sexuality, it really does show how single track minded some people are, and how some people are so quick to judge other, whilst not taking a look at themselves first and seeing flaws of their own.

Murphy65

Reaction score
So are that guy in the up clouds wish that or not, for my options i dont agree that because it stupidity and not logical.

Meaby its comes in that in earth is so meany peoples and none know what we created for God!

I look in poll and i seen there theys numbers
For 19 65.52%

Against
10 34.48%
Thats say we move that way when womens is not important enymore and we rass is extinction! but dont be take that so true its only 19 members For and 10 aganist!:(

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The way I see the whole gay rights dispute.. It's simply a minority that the United States has been holding down, which is now trying to break free. It's happened many times in the past, and each time the minority wins. African Americans, women, Mexican American workers, Irish American immigrants. There are other examples, but these are the ones that I can come up with off the top of my head.

Personally, I'm pro gay rights. It doesn't hurt anyone, and if the religious people don't like it... Well, no offense to you guys, but the country already does things you guys don't like. If we follow history's example, gay rights will come either way.

Darkmere

Reaction score
Totally against this sick thing.. why? its wrong! its not biblical!

This is kind of a bad excuse. Marriage is not a Christian Institute, every religion has some form of marriage, and most even call it marriage.

antiflame

Reaction score
I was writing about the founding fathers and not being catholic so I don't know what the law says "men and woman" must have just been what they thought of at the time. I don't know much about Calvinistic. either way it got deleted. Anyway, lets talk about separation of church and state. Lets just be very clear that religion should have no hold on marriage in the eyes of the government. That means religions don't need to condone marriage for our government's sake. Which is a huge point in all of this.

For some reason churches have so much power. You guys are missing the point completely. Churches now-days don't "mind" homosexual people. They just don't think its proper to get married because it's a sin. In the bible it says man and woman get married, no one else. That's the churches whole deal. That's not the only reason that homosexuals want to get married. Don't be so blind and naive. If you want to be with someone of the same sex there's no one stopping you. The only thing marriage does right now is entitle you to legal rights.

So now that we have made it clear. Marriage should be called "domestic partnership" in legal terms. The term "marriage" should only be used by the churches for their little game that they play wherein "god told me not to judge people but I do anyway."

But here's the real reason people want gay marriage.

Lets start with thinking about what normal marriage consists of:
  • Man + Woman (Usually in love)
  • Children (If they want them, this doesn't matter for marriage seriously. There are so many unwed mothers. So many orphans. Who cares if they want children or not.)
  • Tax breaks (Yes! File your taxes jointly and receive special perks!)
  • Family (You get to see your family in the hospital, you get to make decisions about what happens when one becomes dangerously ill.)
  • Insurance (Ah! Lovely insurance. How nice that you cover the spouse!)

Are you starting to understand it better now? It's got nothing to do with religion. The homosexual people I know have never once told me they hated religion, only their silly beliefs. Religion does many good things (I would know - I was raised Catholic), but stopping same-sex couples from certain benefits they should be entitled to through the government is just stupid. Most of the time same-sex couples are no different than heterosexual couples, unless they have children but that's a whole different topic.

This does bring us to divorce. We all know that same-sex couples sometimes can't stay together very long. So be it. You should take a gander at heterosexual couples divorce rate though. You'll be shocked. Something about people getting married too early for all the wrong reasons.

I'm already starting to get tired of writing this and will finish up with explaining the same things as normal marriage above but with a "domestic partnership":
  • Man + Man or Woman + Woman (Usually in love, but who cares so long as they stay together.)
  • Children (A whole different topic not going into here. Some heterosexual couples choose not to have kids. Oh well, not a big deal.)
  • Tax breaks (You know, I've seen some interesting things lately I don't know... you might actually be able to file jointly with a same-sex person now.)
  • Family (Most homosexual couples are limited in this area. Because they aren't considered "family" because the government has not considered them married, they lose certain privileges when one of them becomes very ill. It's kinda sad really.)
  • Insurance (The best part! I'll explain this below.)

As far as insurance goes for same-sex couples. Something interesting that most of you might not know is that a lot of larger companies extend insurance to "domestic partnerships" which allow a same-sex couple the same kind of insurance incentives as a married couple. My mother's company does this and she's seen it before. I find it kind of cool, if you can give two people who are not the same sex insurance I don't see a reason why you can't give two same-sex insurance.

Of course there's probably some mistakes in this. I know some things might have changed. There might be something hidden under a rock somewhere. But this is what I've gathered from people who've been for or against gay marriage. Not pretending to be all-knowing but this is what I've seen and heard. It's completely different than just "religion doesn't want us to marry."

Never have I found a reason to introduce religion into the equation. I don't care what the bible says. I don't care. The government shouldn't care. This is called evolution. We're evolving. I've read parts of the bible. I find it interesting. People don't understand it's a guidebook. Not a set of solid rules. If you were a real religious person you'd understand that God made everyone. You shouldn't be judging others for things they can't control. It's how they were made. If you do, you yourself will be judged by God for doing so.

Last edited:

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score

Not BIBLICAL? You think everything should be BIBLICAL?

Your Bible approves of rape and says that a raped girl has to marry her rapist. and you should kill a rape victim if she doesn't cry out. Your Bible approves of murder and slavery.

"It's wrong!"

wow that's a VERY good argument against gay marriage *SARCASM*

and I think, the Bible advises against judging people right? so why are you judging gays and lesbians for what gender they love?

so many contradictions in that book too!

Last edited:

kehhlyr79

Reaction score

Is it the marriage or the gay bit that you are against??
Marriage is totally different to being gay.

Are you also referring to being gay in a male/male relationship or a female/female relationship??
I find it odd that so many people find that a pair of females together seem to be more tolerant (sexy) compared to a pair of males.

Surely being gay matters not a bit if it's between males or females, and the entire marriage bit should be interesting to say why it's not 'biblical'.

Last edited:

fractalfeline

Reaction score
Two consenting adults getting a piece of paper that allows them a tax cut and and a few other legal perks? Why do we care if they do or not? It's not like hetero marriages don't violate the "sanctity" of marriage by entering into it frivolously and ending it for trivial reasons, right?

MusicBoy

Reaction score
I think there is nothing wrong with it. People these days are way too concerned with what everyone else is doing... Worry about yourself, you know?

Like previously said, gay people are people too. They want to be happy and spend time with people they care about. Let it be.

At the end of the day I believe it should just come down to this:
Don't tell people how to live their lives. If you are against gay marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. That simple.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
13 people against gay marriage, only a few posted here. what's up with that? :p

Thank you Music Boy. you are so right

Last edited:

MusicBoy

Reaction score
13 people against gay marriage, only a few posted here. what's up with that? :p

Thank you Music Boy. you are so right

:D Thanks! I thought it was common sense but I guess not lol You'd thinking with more pressing matters we'd put a silly feud about a piece of paper stating you're social/romantic status on the backburner.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am nobody to interfere in anyones life but I'd say "go move to a lonely island and get married there. it would be good for you and our society".

wongers

Reaction score
whats the big deal? so what if you dudes want to marry other dudes and chicks want to marry other chicks? i think the world has bigger things to worry about!!

if i remeber correctly, someone made a comment about it not being right cause they cant reproduce, well what about ALL those babies/kids that are currently bouncing around the foster system because their parents are either in rehab or worse?? if a new-wed gay couple want to have a child, then adoption is going to be a serious contender.

so surely that is a good reason to allow gay marriage??

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
someone made a comment about it not being right cause they cant reproduce, well what about ALL those babies/kids that are currently bouncing around the foster system because their parents are either in rehab or worse??

AND those couples that don't want children or can't have any.