gdiplus.dll Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

df0xyd

Reaction score
http://cchs.x10hosting.com
Server: lotus

For some reason, the server is throwing the error below. I'm sure a simple restart will fix it?

Server Error in '/' Application

gdiplus.dll

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.
Stack Trace:
System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

psycrosis

Reaction score
That error is caused by a reference to System.Drawing in a Asp. Net applications. Since the server is a linux server running mono there is no Gdiplus. In mono there is a file libgdiplus.dll.so(varies) that has its functions mapped just like gdiplus.dll but a mapping must be added to the app.config file as so.

<configuration>
<dllmap dll="gdiplus.dll" target="libgdiplus.dll.so"/>
</configuration>

For some reason the dynamic mono compiler on the server cant locate the file to map to I read on the boards somewhere its has to do with cPanel not supporting something. I haven't tried it but putting libgdiplus.dll.so in the directory with the app might work.

The info on it is here http://www.mono-project.com/DllNotFoundException Check out the dllmaps page too. There's a link to it on the page.

Last edited:

df0xyd

Reaction score
Nah, it's the server, not me. I haven't changed my website recently, and it was working fine 2 days ago.

psycrosis

Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder then if that error was the server for me as well... Would be a bummer after I scrapped that page and am creating one by hand....

michael9

Reaction score
I'm getting the same error, and it seems that the dllmap line is getting ignored.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Actually it is indeed you its not that the server is in error it is that the script is not referencing the correct things as they are on the server. The script may work one other servers or on your computer but not on the x10 servers due the the hardening and customazation that they undergo to fit the needs of x10. The problem may also be due the cpanel and mysql server upgrades. If you are on starka or lotus then there is a hight probabiblilty that the problem was do to this. If the problem persists please check your configuration of the script. If this fails then it might be that the script is incompatable with x10's servers.

df0xyd

Reaction score
It's definitely a server issue, because my site worked for fine months before it happened, without me touching the source code.

Also, I have absolutely /no idea/ how to even change my source/know what is messing everything up. It was just 15x easier to write up in visual studio with some C# code behind. ( I /despise/ web programming >.<;) Although, I'm sure I could figure out how to do what I did and convert it to HTML or something? >.>

And yes, I'm on lotus.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Actually, from what i have read on google. This is related to exactly what psycrosis said in his/her first post. Can you try that method and see if it fixes it?

psycrosis

Reaction score
Make sure the app.config file is named "yourappname.dll.config". I haven't been able to find a compiled 64bit version of libgdiplus.so (linux peeps compile it themselves) to try putting it in the directory which should work. Maybe putting the whole path to libgdiplus.so would work but I have no clue to that. To get it to work without setting the path I think is a set path command in linux but i'm not a linux expert so its just from what i've read in documentation. They are upgrading the servers and path might have gotten changed and thats probably why it doesn't work now. Might take a little patience till the upgrade is complete and they have all the bugs worked out.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
My bad im sorry if i made it sound like it was your fault or you did something wrong. It seems like this problem is widespread and intermitent. I think that what psycrosis is saying might work and it seems likeley that the .dll is custom complied so I willl look for some information and help with whatever i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.