Get indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live

maddmatt

Reaction score
Wanna know what's funny? My domain ZapZack.com has a google pagerank of 2 yet MacSlice.net is worth $900 and doesn't have a pagerank.
Where do you get those figures from? Some site that tells you what it's worth or something?

This trick seems to work. My site was on Google within a few days. A search for "Consumer help" on google.co.nz had it as the second result.
And now it's first :biggrin:
This is only for google.co.nz, fine since the site is only aimed at New Zealand anyway.

asoit

Reaction score
Mine usually gets indexed within a day without even doing nay of those tricks... but its good to know thanks

newyork3

Reaction score
Fed up with having to wait 2+ months to get your site indexed? How does 1 WEEK sound? If you answered yes then read on, if you answered no, read on because you might change your mind.

Overview: Most people want to get people to their site. A free way to do this is to get indexed in search engines like Google. However, it can take 2+ months to get Google to even look at your site. There is a way to get indexed quicker! How? you might ask. That's what this thread is for!

1. Sign up with a forum account on a good forum. x10 is a great forum as it has a PageRank of 3/10.

2. In your signature include a link to your site and something to entice people to go to it. (Look at my signature for an example) Make sure you have a text link and/or banner.

3. Post quality posts regularly and make sure it includes your signature.

4. Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.

5. Wait a day or two and your site should be indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live. If this doesn't work, submit your website to a search engine.

Real example: My website, PC-Whizz.com is only about one week old (at the time of posting). I put a link in my signature and then in about one week I was indexed! Compare this to my old website, Socoma Australia.com which took about 2-3 months to get indexed.

I hope you find this useful!:cool:

I always Use direct submition for Google and after 5 days my site is indexed.!

getyourshirt

Reaction score
Many people say the fastest way to get indexed in google is a submission of your site in digg. I personally never tried it, cause my sites are not conform with the terms of use of digg. I do sell something and they don't like submission to gain sales.

Maybe somebody will try it and let us know its really working. People with a regular blog.

bennelsey

Reaction score
submitting the site to a search engine makes indexing faster though, and the sitemaps really help

Arkonsys

Reaction score
You can use webmaster tool from google, there you can submit a sitemap whit many links from your site and that helps a lot.
You can also make a robot.txt file where you give access to google crawles on your site, otherwise crawles may not be able to see all your content.

omaras

Reaction score
Thanks for useful information, I was trying to get indexed in google and I was waiting already for a month.

Hope this will help :cool:

ogp2009

Reaction score
Thanks for this information, I already submitted my site to google but never got indexed

allofus

Reaction score
1. Sign up with a forum account on a good forum. x10 is a great forum as it has a PageRank of 3/10.

2. In your signature include a link to your site and something to entice people to go to it. (Look at my signature for an example) Make sure you have a text link and/or banner.

3. Post quality posts regularly and make sure it includes your signature.

4. Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.

5. Wait a day or two and your site should be indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live. If this doesn't work, submit your website to a search engine.
1. Relevant forum is key to a good paghe rank I think.

If you are keyworded to black and your link is featured with a lot of sites with the keyword white you will not rank very high in the searches.

2. Google bots are not enticed, they follow url's and robot follow/nofollow/index meta's and stop in their tracks if the syntax is wrong.

3. no comment other than to say I think a quality post would likely involve information related to your site content and your keywords.

4. correct

5. Assuming steps 1 to 4 have not done you more harm than good I agree.

I would thinkabout skipping to 5. for search engine indexing. 1-4 will, if done with style and decency and being helpful, likely generate curiosity and traffic for your domain... If you get a google account you have access to webmaster tools and you can submit a sitemap. They provide links to third party open source apps to assist you and the indexing is very quick once you verify your ownership of the domain via their back-end.

Sitemap is the way to go I think. A standards compliant sitemap will serve you for all the major search engines.

Search engines will accept your submission, but this does not bump you up a cue and their tos make it clear that multiple submissions can result in a block, so do the submission and then WAIT.

When it comes to page ranking more is not always equated to more. If your site has a million external links and they are related to a million low page ranking sites that have a million different keywords and content types I do not think this wil be helpful long term.

The more sophisticated search engines such as google and yahoo and windows live have methods for detecting cheating too, so hidden content and overt repetition of a keyword, for example can count against you. The above mentioned search engines are very protective of their methodology, secretive and I think this is because they do not want people to take advantage of the info and screw the results.

It is also known that they are partial to a few million quid for a top slot.

They are businesses, not charities though.

It might be a good idea to collect visitor data too so you can determine what is working best for you. Google's webmaster tools can help. Submit your site to your account and they provide some interesting traffic related statistics.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has huge volumes of traffic from search engines.
What did you do to generate the traffic?

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Site map is a must have, as are back-links from other sites if you can get ( or create ) them.
Linked images also seem to work well as does having all the image ALT tags with relevent descriptions.

Accessability features such as the ability to change font size, audio content and text-2-speech / braile reader compatability are also claimed to be looked open favourably by the search engines but very little feedback on this so far. Keyboard based navigation is another area worth considering as not everybody is comfortable or indeed able to use a conventional mouse.

But of course this is just the small stuff, little tweaks to the page code that help fine tune your pages performance. For serious results you need visitors and to get them you need original and relevent content and lots of it, if you have that then the search engines will find you.

buyphiten

Reaction score
oh. great trick!
but take note some of the forums do not allow advertising in their signatures.

that might be a problem!