Get paid to keep your computer on! Up to $45/month!

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
I've found an AWESOME program called Gomez PEER. Basically you sign up, download a program, and then leave it on. Gomez pays you for processing time. Gomez provides services that test websites for customers. To do this, they need consumers to test. They do this by paying consumers for the time they give to Gomez to process this.

You can find more information about Gomez and it services here: http://www.gomez.com/

Taken from their FAQ:

How does the Gomez PEER work? What does it do with my spare capacity?

Each PEER in Gomez's network serves as a "beacon," running in the background of your PC, contributing its spare resources (such as otherwise wasted processing power, RAM, and bandwidth) to test the performance of Web sites.

What kind of computer do I need to run the Gomez PEER?

You must have an Internet connection, a 500 Mhz Pentium III or better, Windows XP, NT, 2000 or 2003 Operating System, 128 MB RAM, and 40 MB of free hard disk space. You must also have the ability to visit secured or SSL encrypted pages.

Excellent! I'm Active! How much money can I make?

Active Gomez Peers can earn up to maximum monthly payment amount, as listed on the Gomez PEER Web site. If you are Active, you will be paid as long as you have accumulated at least $5 in your account. If the minimum monthly payment amount is not met during the current calendar month, the account balance will be carried forward and applied to the next month. Payments are distributed electronically using your PayPal account. (If you do not already have an account with PayPal, click here to apply.
NOTE: All payment schedules listed on the rate sheet and on the PEER Community Web site are subject to change, at Gomez's sole discretion, at any time without notice.

You will be notified of your status within 14 days. I got accepted in less than a week. During this period, though, you have to install the PEER program and run it.

Referral Link: http://gomezpeerzone.com/Apply.aspx?Referrer=Grandcruiser

Non-referral Link: http://gomezpeerzone.com/Apply.aspx

elbrujo

Reaction score
What I didn´t like about this software is that it is too slow! ... and your account has to wait sometimes months to be activated... anyway you´ll get paid, this company pay :)

I know people who earn up to 250usd with this, but those are people who have this software installed in many PCs or multiple Servers.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
did it under your link.

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. If you want to risk getting your account suspended, you can run a program that lets you run multiple instances of the PEER program on one computer. This usually gets you money much faster, but it may cost you all your present and future earnings.

Grandcruiser

Reaction score
I've received my first payment from Gomez.

gomezproof.jpg

ssbtoday18

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder, use the money you get to buy 4 crappy laptops and hook them up in the room with your router, and leave them on with this program... I wonder how much money you will make compared to how much power you use...

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This is great if you aren't paying the electricity bill. :)
Otherwise, you will be losing money to the electric company.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
@dead battery you can always have the settings to low, or turn off the monitor + just have that program running

mindereak72

Reaction score
I'm trying it, did it with you ref link ;)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

how much do you earn every hour? (on average)

Reaction score
Hi guys ,one more problem you forgot to mention is the dead disk of your laptop after a year of beeing switched on , not to mention the consumed bandwidth....:mad:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,one more problem you forgot to mention is the dead disk of your laptop after a year of beeing switched on , not to mention the consumed bandwidth....:mad:

HDD's don't normally fail that quickly - the drives in this box have power-on times of 13792, 6881 (this is the newest one), and 16908, which equate to 1.5 years power-on, less than 1 year power on, and 1.9 years power on. The system doesn't stay constantly on mind you but that's the poweron time of the drives themselves, and all 3 are reporting strong and healthy - the one that died a while back had a power on time of over 3 years before it passed on. Check the warranty on your drive; some makers have a 2-3 year warranty for the drive, so if it fails you can fix it. If it was hypothetical that it'd fail that quickly, they don't usually.

Also, a lot of folks are on unlimited (as in unmetered) broadband anyways, so bandwidth isn't usually a major concern.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Or do what I'm planning on doing.

As one of my business ventures, in Europe, it's a cafe, where you get served coffee and a drinks/it's a room full of computers about 40 of them, give or take a couple that keep breaking, but I honestly never heard of a company doing this...thats some good income.

Also, the electricity bill at the cafe is about 300 Euros a month...

those computers are on anyways...so 40 computers times 20$ min a month from one comp? or less...is 800.00 a month...

I think that's enough to buy a new car with monthly payments...

but then, instead of having them installed on those comps without me actually trying it

There are 3 computers being used in my household/on 24/7 for business purposes/what else am I going to do 8 hours a week 5 days a week?

I'll join under your referral, and test this thing out...currently only my laptop is working...the other 2 broke...buying a new one later today or tomorrow, for the 3rd computer, I get discounted, only pay for the hardware, operating system is free, thanks to a software developer friend of mine. I love connections.

ALSO...THANK YOU for sharing this opportunity, I will try it out.

From John Klyne.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

okay did some math....they say .00025 cents a minute...

I have 40 computers...

40 comps times 24 hours times 60 minute each hour= 57600 minutes a day times 30 days = 1728000 minutes a month times .00025 = 432 dollars a month...

its a nice concept...but its not worth it...unless you are truly using the computers 24/7 non-stop ...and making money on top of that amount....

but then, they show 2 rates, the US Rate is .000125 ....which suchs compared to the rate foreigners get ... .000250 ....and then they even show a rate of .082 a minute...which rate is it???

I dunno....but I do know, that what they are doing, by having soo many rates, is something someone who is "doing more under the table"...things not 100% legal would do.

I do not like this fact, they set the system the way I would set it up, if I were to rip people off...

still trying it regardless...but their system is bologna, trust me I know what bologna tastes like....had a bunch of it thrown at me in my internet years.

just for maths sake...

40 comps times 24 hours times 60 minutes time 30 days = 1728000 times ...the rate of .08 $ 138,240.00 a month....

There is no way they are going to pay such things, (though now I think they only pay you 45 max, regardless if you are owed 138k a month...and the amounts do not transfer over....

they also restrict more than one account...I think...if I were them I would so I would make more but...if they dont their true to their word...

if they do restrict it...they are making money....you are paying the electricity bill...and then above it...you only make a fraction of what you lose... = no profits....

138k a month, they won't pay...if they did transfer payments from month to month in such amounts....they would be in the top 5 corporations of the world...

They are not...they aren't even fortune 500, 1000 or 1,000,000 if such thing exists. (I wont look if they really are...I just know according to their site they are not).

Also according to terms and conditions, if they find a disruption in such software, or even suspect unjust acts they according to the terms you agree to, can say you obtained such minutes with disregard to law, set forth, or legal means...can hereby grant a dismissal of such obtained minutes and pay what they truly think you earned, according to what the range of earnings are within your specific region, and national geographic data intertwined nonsense.

YAY...I just made the company hundreds of thousands of dollars....BOOOOO...I only get 45$...

What is this?.......sounds like their earnings/the company is.... A. not 100% legal...or B. Are only a front....C. Are only a shell... D. Illegal...E. Something I know a lot regarding.

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Or do what I'm planning on doing.

As one of my business ventures, in Europe, it's a cafe, where you get served coffee and a drinks/it's a room full of computers about 40 of them, give or take a couple that keep breaking, but I honestly never heard of a company doing this...thats some good income.

Also, the electricity bill at the cafe is about 300 Euros a month...

those computers are on anyways...so 40 computers times 20$ min a month from one comp? or less...is 800.00 a month...

I think that's enough to buy a new car with monthly payments...

but then, instead of having them installed on those comps without me actually trying it

There are 3 computers being used in my household/on 24/7 for business purposes/what else am I going to do 8 hours a week 5 days a week?

I'll join under your referral, and test this thing out...currently only my laptop is working...the other 2 broke...buying a new one later today or tomorrow, for the 3rd computer, I get discounted, only pay for the hardware, operating system is free, thanks to a software developer friend of mine. I love connections.

ALSO...THANK YOU for sharing this opportunity, I will try it out.

From John Klyne.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

okay did some math....they say .00025 cents a minute...

I have 40 computers...

40 comps times 24 hours times 60 minute each hour= 57600 minutes a day times 30 days = 1728000 minutes a month times .00025 = 432 dollars a month...

its a nice concept...but its not worth it...unless you are truly using the computers 24/7 non-stop ...and making money on top of that amount....

but then, they show 2 rates, the US Rate is .000125 ....which suchs compared to the rate foreigners get ... .000250 ....and then they even show a rate of .082 a minute...which rate is it???

I dunno....but I do know, that what they are doing, by having soo many rates, is something someone who is "doing more under the table"...things not 100% legal would do.

I do not like this fact, they set the system the way I would set it up, if I were to rip people off...

still trying it regardless...but their system is bologna, trust me I know what bologna tastes like....had a bunch of it thrown at me in my internet years.

just for maths sake...

40 comps times 24 hours times 60 minutes time 30 days = 1728000 times ...the rate of .08 $ 138,240.00 a month....

There is no way they are going to pay such things, (though now I think they only pay you 45 max, regardless if you are owed 138k a month...and the amounts do not transfer over....

they also restrict more than one account...I think...if I were them I would so I would make more but...if they dont their true to their word...

if they do restrict it...they are making money....you are paying the electricity bill...and then above it...you only make a fraction of what you lose... = no profits....

138k a month, they won't pay...if they did transfer payments from month to month in such amounts....they would be in the top 5 corporations of the world...

They are not...they aren't even fortune 500, 1000 or 1,000,000 if such thing exists. (I wont look if they really are...I just know according to their site they are not).

Also according to terms and conditions, if they find a disruption in such software, or even suspect unjust acts they according to the terms you agree to, can say you obtained such minutes with disregard to law, set forth, or legal means...can hereby grant a dismissal of such obtained minutes and pay what they truly think you earned, according to what the range of earnings are within your specific region, and national geographic data intertwined nonsense.

YAY...I just made the company hundreds of thousands of dollars....BOOOOO...I only get 45$...

What is this?.......sounds like their earnings/the company is.... A. not 100% legal...or B. Are only a front....C. Are only a shell... D. Illegal...E. Something I know a lot regarding.

for a moment you filled my eyes with a dream of a new car with the issue of my driving license and just another moment you collapsed all those dreams.

cheezo

Reaction score
if youre just roaming arounf the net all day. then its cool

nanoteam

Reaction score
the problem is you will forget it before they activate your account ... you will need months to be activated unless if there is way to be activated ..as soon as this trick works ..