get rid of Account Suspention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You are suspended for inactivity, meaning you did not login here at the forums for more then 31 days.

You can unsuspend yourself from your account panel.

abdigital

Reaction score
I do find this annoying, especially if I'm away from my pc for weeks at a time and cant get online. I then come back to a barrage of emails saying the website link isnt working! Maybe they could just give us the choice of account suspension option or banner ads etc etc when we first create our account.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a small yearly fee ($3.00) you can chose to pay, which removes the need to login for a full year. Currently there's no other option to bypass the login requirement.

You can find that here: http://x10hosting.com/forums/payments.php

fekete

Reaction score
Suspension for not logging in seems archaic. Account activity can be measured many ways site maintenance (i.e. Updated files, FTP to site). It's your ball your game and your rules as dumb as they seem.
I am MOST frustrated by the poor availablity of my site "page not found" can't FTP to the site due to lack of response. I accepted patiently the agony of the site transfer but the outages and extremely slow response still happening daily are most annoying. I was referred by a friend who could not say enough postive about X10 but sadly X10 has slipped dramatically. Reliability is non existent these days, its a hope and a prayer whether the site will respond from one minute to the next.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The inactivity suspension has been present for a long time and will stay here. It has been discussed many times, and it is to provide free paid-like hosting that the inactivity suspension is in place. If you follow the ToS, you can be confident that your website will be there tomorrow. As for your website, fekete, I was able to access it multiple times without any problem.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Once again...

You agreed to it upon signing up, if you do not agree with it there is an easy solution. Don't sign up. There is a reason the ToS is there and there are many reasons why the rule is in place. I've explained many, many times and will not again.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.