Get "you.co.cc" domain to work with your x10hosting account.

designerseye

Reaction score
thanks for this WELL DONE but can you help! co.cc is working fine all my links stay with co.cc but when i click my home link it goes back to .x10hosting. please help

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks for this WELL DONE but can you help! co.cc is working fine all my links stay with co.cc but when i click my home link it goes back to .x10hosting. please help

You have to edit that link in html file,

Provide us the site url so we an check.

designerseye

Reaction score
thanks gsonline my site is poo so do not want to show right now... nice one for reply though will try what you said. thanks again

play3rx

Reaction score
Good Tutorial Though I already have cpanel experience and knew how to do this but will surely help newbies.

leetzero

Reaction score
Mine got ready in 5 Minutes... or less... All i know is that i singed up on CO.CC, made the Domain, made the nameservers and came back to this topic to read. After that i went to my domain on CO.CC and it worked. Lucky me.

michman

Banned
Reaction score
I actually managed to mess this up once but thanks to this tutorial... I got it fixed :)

edentech1

Reaction score
I was looking for it from the beginning... When I first register with x10hosting it can be directly put co.cc domain but later I was searching for adding one more but could not. Thanks for the tutorial. Now I can add one more .co.cc domain in x10.

newbedoll

Reaction score
hmmmm... I've been looking for this from earlier...:redface:

why not make it sticky?, thread about DNS settings...

nandifamily

Reaction score
Well there are similar services such as cz.cc and uni.cc. I left co.cc because they started charging me after 1 year.

squam2226

Reaction score
hmmm. i set up the nameservers on my .co.cc domain and waited the 48 hours but when i tried to set it up as a parked domain in cpanel i get the error:
Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 173.236.27.195,99.198.122.2 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.
i tried with and without the "www" prefix but i still encountered this error.

any ideas on how to fix it??

D

Deleted member 349840

hmmm. i set up the nameservers on my .co.cc domain and waited the 48 hours but when i tried to set it up as a parked domain in cpanel i get the error:
Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 173.236.27.195,99.198.122.2 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.
i tried with and without the "www" prefix but i still encountered this error.

any ideas on how to fix it??

I'm getting the same error also. I tried with both co.cc and cz.cc

EDIT:
OK even though I got the error, I tried adding the domains again and it said they were already setup. If you get this error, try typing the domain again. If it still doesn't work, wait a little while and try again. Eventually it will say it's already setup. Then you can try the domain again.

Last edited by a moderator:

shawntc

Reaction score
That a nice tutorial. But you can also make it direct to your domain directly rather than using it as a parked domain. Just login to the x10hosting (not the CPanel) and there you have a second box where you can specify the domain name so that you can change your previous subdomain for example

http://test.x10hosting.com

to

www.test.co.cc
I did this and now I have a problem. I switched it to shawntc.co.cc and after processing completed, it hadn't changed. So I decided to change it back to shawntc.x10hosting.com. It completed processing, but now when I try getting to my website it says Website Not Found. Is this a normal experience or is it ticket worthy?

michman

Banned
Reaction score
I have a problem with goddady...
helpzz.jpg

Any ideas of what might help?