Get "you.co.cc" domain to work with your x10hosting account.

dudestermikey

Reaction score
In x10hosting.com/control, there is an option to change the name of an already existing domain. In the drop-down list of URL suffixes, there's a .co.cc. If I selected that and changed my domain, would I still need to sign up for an account/domain at .co.cc and link it, or is the process automatic?

michman

Banned
Reaction score
@dudestermikey
You will still need to sign up.
otherwise your co.cc domain won't 'know' that it's supposed to be used for your site :)

unstable46

Reaction score
i get how to direct you.co.cc to the nameservers..
but how do i get me.you.co.cc to redirect to x10!?

lenscaping53

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is a lot of help thanks. Got a question though, I get how to direct mydomainname.co.cc to the nameservers for it to work. What do I need to do to get myname@mydomainname.co.cc to work?

I'd like to tie my email in as well. Is this possible?
Thanks!

I just figured it out so never mind, looks like I just need to add the email after I park the domain.

Last edited:

nelekom051

Reaction score
Go to CO.CC and sign up. If you really don’t want to give out your address and crap, make it up, you can go back in settings and delete it later anyways.
Alright, you got your domain. You have two choices. Redirect and DNS nameserver.

Redirect is for noobs. This is what it does:
People type your URL, www.blah.co.cc, into their browser.
After a few seconds, the address bar shows “blah.x10hosting.com”
Ewwwww. Ugly.

DNS Nameserver is the way to go. If you did sign up at x10hosting (which I hope you did), then you need to put these two URLs into the namerserver boxes:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Submit the form. Then it will say it will take 48 hours. It might, but it took 30 minutes for my domain to connect.

NOW. Go to your cPanel and click on “Parked Domains”. Put your newly-acquired domain in and wait. After a while it should work.
And the coolest thing about setting it up this way is that is functions like a real domain.
For example, if you have an /images folder, then a way to access it is blah.co.cc/images, instead of blah.x10hosting.com/images.

ORIGINAL SOURCE AKA MY BLOG

thanks man for post it helps a lot

teeyo985

Reaction score
thanks , i needed that final step ( To go to Parcked domain :tongue: ) !

smr.romeo19

Reaction score
Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully synchronized with Jackmunch. Array ( [0] => Array
[1] => (
[2] => [0] => /jackmunch/bin/node-domain-action.php
[3] => [1] => mysite
[4] => [2] => park
[5] => [3] => mysitename.co.cc
[6] => )
[7] => Error: Jackmunch response contained an error: Permission denied for user root@[hostname] for command HOSTING-DOMAINACTION )

why this error shows plz help me:(

articmonkey123029

Reaction score
Hey thanks for this :). It is really helpful exp for me since im kind of new to setting up a server on here.

globeneurs84

Reaction score
I am using the free hosting service and i am not able to figure out this error. Kindly Help this is the error that flashes when i try to use the hosting services :(

Pending Hosting Account Signup
An error occurred as your hosting account signup was executed