Getting 500 error on my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscrovx1

Reaction score
Hello once again.

Lately, my site, cscrov.x10.mx, cannot be accessed. I keep seeing a 500 error page.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh, and it seems I cannot log in to my cpanel as well. I am told I've got an invalid password when I haven't even changed the password lately.

Thanks again.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please try renaming the .htaccess file in public_html to something else. It contains a "SetEnv" line, which is causing the 500 error.

Oh, and it seems I cannot log in to my cpanel as well. I am told I've got an invalid password when I haven't even changed the password lately.
Are you signing in with your email address or username? Also, please make sure you're signing in at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login (and not directly to cPanel).

Thank you,

cscrovx1

Reaction score
Hi. I am signing in using the x10 website, not through any other means, x10 is preventing me from signing in because they say I am using a vpn, which time and again I've said I'm not. They say I am using a blocked IP, but what can I do, this is the IP assigned to my ISP, there is no other way around this. They say I should log in using other means, well there is no other means for me as this is the only ISP I have and this is the only internet access I will be having for about three to six months.

Please, dead-i or if there is another admin reading this, please unsuspend the account as I am trying to log in but your system won't allow me. Please help. Your records will show that I am not a spammer or whatever it is your system is trying to block through the sign in IP filtering.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

cscrovx1

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice on renaming the .htaccess file, Dead-i. That was spot-on. No more 500 errors experienced.

I still have the login problem though, I now have to hop from one net cafe to another just to find one using an ISP that is not blocked by X10. I can't work from the comforts of my home anymore, due to this IP blocking thing. I now have to drive around 10 kms to where there are net cafes and have to walk approximately a kilometer just scouring the cafes for allowed IPs. It might be noteworthy to mention that most netcafes here do not have static IP addresses and, as experience has taught me the hard way, one that is unblocked today might have a blocked IP add tomorrow and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.