Getting an error message: unable to add domain name invalid domain specified domain name must have a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Richardson

Reaction score
I just signed up for free hosting and I have my own domain name, and I've set name servers appropriately but when I try to park my domain I'm getting the error message: unable to add domain name invalid domain specified domain name must have a valid TLD label

I'd like to know what I need to do to correct this. I've never had this issue with any other hosting I've used so I'm confused. I've attached a screen shot of the error.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot of Domain Name.jpg
    Screen Shot of Domain Name.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 7

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see that domain as not having our nameservers set when I check, could you please double check that the only namesevers set for the domain are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

I see it having two nameservers related to freehostia.

Patricia Richardson

Reaction score
I took out the http:// part and now it's saying the DNS is pointed elsewhere. I've switched to x10hosting's name servers at freehostia where I purchased the domain, big mistake as this has been far more trouble than it's worth just to save a few bucks. It's just taking a long time to switch over to the x10hosting servers. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.