Getting "HTTP 406 Not Acceptable" error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karrx10h

Reaction score
Greetings.

Recently, I've seen I can't load any object (HTML document, image, PHP script...) from my site. All I always get is a HTTP 406 error:

«Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /[whatever] could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.»

I've seen other posts in this forum about the same issue, in 2008. They were solved; so I hope this issue can be fixed too.

Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi karrx10h,

Please could you ensure you are not connecting with an anonymizer, such as Tor?

Thank you,

karrx10h

Reaction score

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've colledted some of the old posts I found about this trouble.
ALL five links you posted are from the year 2008
today - x10hosting's free-hosting servers - hardware and software and system setup - are not the same

karrx10h

Reaction score
Yes, yes, 2008. I told it in the first post. Anyway, I was only meaning that this kind of issue was happening before and was fixed in most cases. Only that. So I hope it will happen again today. Nothing more.

I'm not using a proxy or anonymizer. I've tried with other browsers and, even, from another PC. It's just that since about May 4th, this just stopped working. That's all. Everyone is invited to try: http://karr.x10host.com/directorio/

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi karrx10h,

The link you provided works fine for me, and others are able to see your website. You're seeing this error message because the server is denying your request, due to your connection.
Relación de páginas en este subdominio:

I checked your IP address, and it still looks like you are connecting using Tor. We do not allow connections from Tor to websites hosted on our free hosting service, to help protect our customers' websites.

Are you sure that you are not using Tor?

Thank you,

karrx10h

Reaction score
OK. Now and sometimes, I run a TOR "intermediate" relay, not a TOR exit relay; because I want to contribute a bit with that project.

Anyway, I am quite sure I'm connecting "in raw", with my Spanish IP. Because, why should I need any kind of anonymation to load my own pages? :lol: And you've seen what kind of pages I share; they're very simple.

So this could be a blacklisted-IP issue and the rest of the world can see my pages? Well, then this is less bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.