Getting myself a webpage...

Limvot

Reaction score
Is that an FTP client?

No, it is a broweser uploder in cPanel. It provides acces to your files for uploding and downloading.

Last edited:

rockraider

Reaction score
Ok...I'm trying to update the current page I have, but everytime I load the new page in, it keeps the old one...:(

ryoko126

Reaction score
Well you can't keep two of the same pages in the directory. Say you have an index.html and you want an index.php you have to junk index.html

rockraider

Reaction score
I delete the old one first..but then when I import the new one it acts like I uploaded the same thing I just deleted.

rockraider

Reaction score
I need to have an ad on this page (my account is ad-enhanced). Yet I can't upload a new page because whenever I do, it acts like I just uploaded the one I threw in the trash.

ryoko126

Reaction score
Did you try to delete your cookies? Sometimes the cookies keep records of certain sites and will "remember" the site as it was.

jensen

Reaction score
your website was made with PageBreeze.
You need to copy the ad code and paste it in your html code.
PM which package you are using and I can get the code into your page in less than 5 minutes.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?rockraider"></script>

Ok seems like you got everything on the website.

Here's a little gift for you. Just upload into your main folder and unzip. It would replace your index.html with a CSS and HTML compliant website without tables.

To edit, just go to your browser and view source. Save the html file and you're all ready to rock!

Note: the attachement shows how easy to use free available templates to make static websites.

Attachments

• sahara.zip
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

nabil

Reaction score
Hello,
I have understand the issue, that you wish to create a custom page as default for the server to show and from that page put a link to your forum.
Instead of deleting the index.php of punbb you may used the .htaccess directives :

1.Create your custom page and upload it to the server, put a name like portal.html.
2.Create a file called .htaccess and add the following in it
Code:
DirectoryIndex portal.html
3.Close, save and upload it to the root directory of your account.

It's just an example.

NaBiL