getting started with programming

walidno1

Reaction score
well, what should I do IF I WANTED TO LEARN PHP??

My history of computing knowledge is that I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE ON PROGRAMMING AND DIDN'T EVEN READ ABOUT ANYTHING ON PROGRAMMING IN MY LIFE....(only used visual basic a few daysonce but forgot everything there)

Is there any website or ebook (free wud be good) that I can read so that I can understand the VERY staring of programming and then move on...

I already went to w3school but didn;t think it was for the absolute beginner......so any help????????

cheezo

Reaction score
download a video tutorials from computer base learning such as linda.com

walidno1

Reaction score
once again Leviathon, Thanx for the excellent advice.........pity I can't buy the book........wud have loved it tho.........

@ Cheezo: well, yeah I cud do that but I want a solid base for understanding the stuff

batman1

Reaction score
You have a lot of work. For "basic" you can try w3schools.

Then after to directly to the PHP website php.net then the mysql page.

Security will be a major issue in your case since there is no training.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
For "basic" you can try w3schools.
W3Schools is outdated, incorrect and incomplete (and it's not just my opinion). Besides, OP already tried and rejected W3Schools.

As for security, there are definitely good sources out there, but there are also quite a few resources that barely cover the subject, if they don't ignore it completely. There is also some misinformation (I'm not sure where it comes from, but examples pop up in these forums from time to time). See "PHP tutorial that is security-, accuracy- and maintainability-conscious?".

Last edited:

cheezo

Reaction score
once again Leviathon, Thanx for the excellent advice.........pity I can't buy the book........wud have loved it tho.........

@ Cheezo: well, yeah I cud do that but I want a solid base for understanding the stuff
those video tutorials in CBT or lynda actually starts from basic. i started learning from there.andi don't have money by the way so i just get it from warez sites :D

walidno1

Reaction score
oooooooooo.....................piracy stuff isn't allowed here :D

but lets see.........if worse comes to worse, I might even break one or two rules :)

just joking :D

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not allowed to share pirated stuff but it's allowed to talk about it ;)

walidno1

Reaction score
HeHe............k................i guess I might go for lynda............what do u say leviathon???

thanx cheezo!!