Girl gets 2 years for cooking cat in oven

scylla

Reaction score
Apparently this girl had some beef with someone and goodluck scraping out kitty from the oven.:nuts:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/cheyenne_cherry_gets_2_years_f.php said:
When we last left charming 17-year-old Cheyenne Cherry, she had ransacked the apartment of a former roommate with her 14-year-old sidekick. Then, just to prove they were huge dicks, they put the victim's cat in the oven and cranked it to 500 degrees before they left...

It was especially cruel form of animal abuse. After they were caught, the girls described how they heard the cat scratching the oven door as it baked to death. Cherry, meanwhile, was unrepentant, even taunting animal rights protesters outside the courtroom.

The younger girl was sentenced to 18 months in juvenile lockup. Now Cherry is looking at two years for her role in the assholic adventure. She got two years for burglary and one year for animal torture. Unfortunately, the sentences run concurrently, but at least she'll be in adult prison, since she's now 18.

lithaerien

Reaction score
If she had put a human in the oven then it'd be a lifetime sentencing... jeesh.. Kids really have no respect for anything these days.

This is just awful.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
So how come people are allowed to put chickens in the oven and not cats?

~Callum

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
chickens are usually dead before they go in the oven.

but what about lobsters, you cook them alive

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Scientists reckon they have no feelings tho.

~Callum

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
and why do you say that. I'm sure lobsters feel pain.
You also have to kill the chickens, im sure they feel pain

same with any other animal, they may feel pain for even a split second, depending on how they are killed.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah everything feels pain. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean they aren't there.

~Callum

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That is animal cruelty so she honestly got what she deserved. Poor thing though. I'm an owner of two cats and they love me as much as I love them.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with you supermatthew, I mean sometimes animal activists go too far.

As for the cooked cat I don't think she was "just a child" and didn't know what she was doing. I mean 17 year old can get a drivers license. She have some problems :nuts:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you ever purposely trodden on an ant or swatted a fly? What's the difference?

~Callum

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you ever purposely trodden on an ant or swatted a fly? What's the difference?

I've never trodden any ants or fly purposely unless they bite me or disturb me.

And yeah, killing chicken is also an awful work but if you won't buy (order to kill) someone else will do it. Their lives are just to get butchered. The whole human race is faulty for that.

Let's take me as an example, in my religion non vegetarian food is not allowed but I used to take that cause they are very tasty.

According to science, Plants also have life like us, so what to do with that (should we stop eating).
Our life is on somebody's death but killing animals (like in the case here) is very awful and they must be punished very hardly.

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
so your telling me that when I eat a apple, i'm putting it in pain?

but when someone is plugging it off the tree than they may feel pain, it's same like eating a roasted chicken. Do you think roasted chicken feels pain

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
Only when their killed, I guess we could get eaten one day after we dided?

Daniel

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
don't get me wrong but if someone throw our body on desert they it will be eaten by eagles and kites
Edit:
microorganism consume our body as a food (we are also somebody's food).

Nature's fair

Last edited:

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Killing and eating to sustain life is Nature's way.

Killing for pleasure is Man's way. If she were hungry and killed the cat to eat it, there would have been more sympathy than outrage. But she enjoyed the death.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Killing and eating to sustain life is Nature's way.

Killing for pleasure is Man's way. If she were hungry and killed the cat to eat it, there would have been more sympathy than outrage. But she enjoyed the death.

You gave the conclusion of this whole discussion. I agree with you.