Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Bryon and I both have multiple transfers running right now. We will keep them going 24/7. I'll post updates as we make progress, right now we just have to monitor the transfers and make sure they stay running.

-Corey

satbir

Reaction score
Corey and the Team - Your post clears a lot of doubts.

I am with x10hosting for last 4-5 months and I know that last one month have been very tough for you all.

I was getting little apprehensive for last 2 weeks when my site was going down in between as I had burnt my fingers earlier when the host I was hosting with disappeared without any notice however I always knew that x10hosting is around for so long and will continue to be there.
But somewhere in the heart some questions were getting raised that whether free hosting means frequent downtimes and restriction on even knowing what is the status and updates (because it is free therefore we cannot request for more time from providers then they choose to give us).

However at the same time experience of last 4-5 months was trying to convince that this team is little different, they had put so much of efforts every time there is problem therefore they are certainly doing something about it. This comforting factor was one which was keeping apprehension level down and I was restraining myself to even post something all these days.

Thus it is really comforting to know that you guys are on top of it as always despite all this holiday season sacrificing your personal life.

We all at x10hosting appreciate your services and wish that all these problems get resolved and you can get a good well deserved break with your families.

Thanx once again and All the best.
(I know I have written too much but sometime when heart speaks it is difficult to stop).

Last edited:

CEOZacMoore

Reaction score
i'd like to thank you guys for gving me such a great service, my last hosting service didn't even give me Fantasico or cPanel! instead they gave me a bring-your-own-website service and a really hard-to-use control panel called VistaPanel, and there was NO WAY to install any appilcations! good Luck to you guys doing that and i can not wait to see the server back up

Dan

Reaction score
Thanks Corey & Bryon!!! Hope nothing goes wrong.

Jamesy

Reaction score
So where are you up to right now? I hopes i's all going well!

lambada

Reaction score
Phew, that's a lot of work.

I just count myself lucky that all this has been going on in one of my non-developing stages. I'm farrrr too busy with exams to be developing my own websites at the moment.

Ant59

Reaction score
Thanks Corey. Also, will the databases' lost data be restored?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
To Corey and all the x10 hosting staff,

Thanks for working so hard to keep this fantastic service up and running. You do a great job of it. x10's had a run of bad luck lately, it seems things have gone out of sync since the server move.

You guys are one of a kind, you break your backs working on the servers. Hopefully all the problems will have been ironed out after this unfortunate downtime.

Once again, thanks for the amazing hosting and better luck in the future :biggrin:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Once everything is back online, the posts on the other forums will stop saying "We have a problem", users will become nicer, and there'll be a post here stating it. Once again, we appreciate all the users who make x10 what it is, And yes.. It'll get better, but this is just time consuming. It has to be done a certain way to keep the accounts from being lost, data being destroyed, or anything else from happening. Corey, and the other admins are extremely expirienced, and prepared to take on this task, even if short notice. So, if they don't post an update for a while, don't think they aren't still around, and working on it. They are trying to stay focused on what really matters, getting it fixed.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
aww man, I only understood about 45% of what you said, but I got the gist of it.

Thanks for taking out so much time for x10hosting. I/We appreciate all the work you put in for us.

Thanks again.

antman2x2

Reaction score
I have 1 question!

Will we have to change our things that use mySQL back to localhost manually? I dont think im going to know how to do that.

templeofgod

Reaction score
I have 1 question!

Will we have to change our things that use mySQL back to localhost manually? I dont think im going to know how to do that.

to change mysql setting

go to cpanel and file manger
then

go to a file name config.php or conf.php or setting.php (or something something close) go click edit with code editor and go down to the MySQL setting and change MySQL address from: XXX.XXX.X.XXX to localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.