Global Warming: fact or fiction?

phazzedout

Reaction score
How can global warming be a fact when the UK is snowed over? Also Florida is getting cold.

Global warming is fiction.

Global Warming melts the glaciers... Global warming is the pre-event to an ice age. The oceans will become less stable in transferring heat so places like the UK will resemble Alaska. Why will the oceans become unstable you may ask, well if you do not have enough salt in the water which makes the water conduct heat a lot better than fresh water, they water begins to freeze, hence ice age. Better start buying that road kill coat! :D

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
We can see the climate changes now. For instance, this winter, Canada seemed to be more like Europe while Europe got loads of snow. The current climate changes will modify a lot of things in the world, and not only in the nature.

phazzedout

Reaction score
We can see the climate changes now. For instance, this winter, Canada seemed to be more like Europe while Europe got loads of snow. The current climate changes will modify a lot of things in the world, and not only in the nature.

Yup, over here in sunny southern California we had a couple of week of pure rain. We never get those over here. The last time this happened was when I was in 9th grade which was about 4-5 years ago. The change won't be drastic but we will notice it within our lifetime.

joejv4

Reaction score
What you guys are seeing is called "weather", not climate. It is an El Nino year, which is why SoCal is seeing Seattle-like weather. Just like it did during the last strong El Nino. Weather patterns are cyclical.

If you look into the things that were discovered when someone hacked into a server at EAU, you would find that the same scientists that created the models that the IPCC used for it's doomsday predictions, are now having difficulty finding data to mask the slight decline that we are currently in since 1998.

The reality is, that the "Inconvenient Truth" gang doesn't really know what the truth is, they are using inferred data and guesses to make a prediction that is impossible to make, without accurate historical data on a global scale - which does not exist.

Last edited:

phazzedout

Reaction score
What you guys are seeing is called "weather", not climate. It is an El Nino year, which is why SoCal is seeing Seattle-like weather. Just like it did during the last strong El Nino. Weather patterns are cyclical.

If you look into the things that were discovered when someone hacked into a server at EAU, you would find that the same scientists that created the models that the IPCC used for it's doomsday predictions, are now having difficulty finding data to mask the slight decline that we are currently in since 1998.

The reality is, that the "Inconvenient Truth" gang doesn't really know what the truth is, they are using inferred data and guesses to make a prediction that is impossible to make, without accurate historical data on a global scale - which does not exist.

Perhaps. The amount of CO2 we create only makes up 3 percent out of everything. Bring me some sources. ;)

joejv4

Reaction score
Perhaps. The amount of CO2 we create only makes up 3 percent out of everything. Bring me some sources. ;)

Sources... I'd only be too happy to give you a couple sources. For the sake of brevity I'll not attempt to get into a huge effort to paraphrase, rather, I'll provide a couple links and some suggested reading.

First, here is an excellent read on "greenhouse" (gasses and effect) that explains the flaw in the publicized propaganda that treats CO2 as the dominant, or ever one-third or the greenhouse gasses forming a mystical wall that reflects all IR wavelength light and heat back into the atmosphere.

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/

Now, here is an excellent dissection of some of the material that got away from the CRU at East Anglia University - one of the primary contributors to the IPCC's doomsday predictions.

http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2009/11/28/context-2/#more-6449

and here's a nice piece on when science is based on consensus rather than fact:

http://www.cato.org/pubs/regulation/regv15n2/reg15n2g.html

There is as much or more evidence to support the position that mankind is not forcing warming, as there is to suggest that we are. Unfortunately, since the contrarian data would not provide a "justification" for new taxation and redistribution of wealth, climatologists who dare dispute the "consensus science", are denounced as heretics.

For anyone looking for a complete and full blown education on the global warming debate, with information from both sides of the argument, and some interesting papers on the politics and psychology on both sides, get a copy of Michael Crichton's novel State of Fear from the local library and turn to the back of the book, where there is an extensive bibliography that consists of peer reviewed papers, text books, journal articles, and the reports from the IPCC. This collection will give a complete picture of both sides of the debate, and the reader can form their own fully-informed opinion based on more than just the one-sided propaganda that is promoted so heavily.

Having tracked down many of these myself, there is a good balance of material both supporting and debunking the notion of anthropogenic forced global warming. For me, the evidence debunking it is much stronger than the evidence supporting it.

phazzedout

Reaction score
@joejv4 Good enough for me. A couple of them are non-scholarly but better than nothing. I am all for recycling but a little research of it would show you that recycling does little to help and it some cases destroys the environment even more.

One good example is recycled paper (piece of [sic] paper... can't even erase on it or it breaks apart.) Most of our paper comes from tree farms. Basically it is the same concept as growing corn. You grow some for 20 years, then chop them down and start all over. It is not that simplistic though. They seperate the land to create different regions.

One land would have trees that are new born to 3 years old. Then it keeps growing in age. So once one supply is cut down, they plant new ones in. Then they wait and cut the other patch. It is a cycle.

kefka_asylum

Reaction score
GW is a hoax, scam, fear monger, tyrant

polar ice caps melting? yes so maybe that would be good for you if you were always cold

its not going to happen to me so lets keep my stick on the ice

phazzedout

Reaction score
GW a scam? I fail to see how it has ripped me of my money? If anything this hoax is has it's advantages. If it werent for GW I wouldn't be able to buy cheap cars that runs on little fuel.

joejv4

Reaction score
GW a scam? I fail to see how it has ripped me of my money? If anything this hoax is has it's advantages. If it werent for GW I wouldn't be able to buy cheap cars that runs on little fuel.

Yes, AGW is a scam. Follow the money and the political agendas. Look at the bizarre solutions like "carbon credits" being proposed. Look at the new taxes that governments want to levy. It is a major scam. Likely the largest scam ever run.

Actually, cheap, fuel-efficient cars would have evolved with or without the AGW "scare". The market is what demands it. When gasoline went up to $3.00/gallon, sales of large gas-guzzlers dropped off the charts, while more efficient vehicles sold like hotcakes. Additionally, today's cars would be more efficient and cost less if they didn't have all of the pollution limiting features they are required to have in response to environmental concerns.

The climate of the earth is changing, in fact, it always has been. The notion of a static global climate is ludicrous.

At the same time, the notion that even the top climatologists in the world understand enough about the chaotic nature of global climate as to even hazard a guess at what may or may not happen over the next 100 (or 1, for that matter) year(s) as a result of an increase in a minor greenhouse gas such as CO2, is arrogance at it's best.

There is no accurate record of temperature on a global scale that pre-dates modern satellites (~1979), and even then, different satellite data sets conflict with each other, and whats more, even satellite data is still suspect. Since the satellites simply monitor radiated wavelengths, temperature must be inferred through calculations. Funny thing, for years the data showed cooling, then it was decided that cooling couldn't be right, so different methods were used to "correct" the data so that it would show warming. Can you say "bias"? I knew you could.

It is not surprising to note that all of the research that is funded by organizations with a vested interest in AGW being a fact, all come to the conclusion that we are warming and that Man is the cause, but research that is not funded by these groups, finds that there is no evidence that man is causing a warm up.

michaeldjtan38

Reaction score
It's not concrete. Basically our planet has different seasons, and they just took satellite pictures on the ice caps during summer. Ice melts during that time. Water level will rise. But during winter, everything cools down. It's a cycle of season. Climate change is temporary during the change of season. It's not permanent. But still we need to help our nature by going green and planting more trees. CO2 is not the major problem, it's the business people around it. Making money out of the scare and producing products that says "it's green".

Yeah yeah. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Michael

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Climate change is visible thanks to exhaustive emission of Co2 by developed countries and some emerging economies like China and India.In India it is visible, some of the glaciers in Himalayan region has disappeared and river Ganga is in danger.
Another example is our north pole where ice is melting regularly and some of the glaciers have destroyed.So we can't say it is fiction, it is a fact that we are facing, temperature of earth is rising.
We can say that it is not well explored and it is being used as a political agenda.Main point is that even if global warming is fiction but we can't ignore chemical wastes emitted from the industries around the world.It is very dangerous for land, water, trees, animals and humans.So if climate change is being used as a tool to curb this, it is good for us.Otherwise someday we all humans will commit suicide by destroying the nature and earth.

frederikcreemers24

Reaction score
I don't believe in global warming. Or, to be more precise, <I don't believe that global warming is caused by humans. In the history of the earth, there have been times in which Europ had tropical temperatures, but there also have been times where the whole earth was covered in ice. These evolutions in temperature are very slow, and the period in which humans have existed is so short, that we just can't get the whole picture. We see 1/10000th (just a guess, not a real number) of the earths lifetime, see an evolution and start worrying our ***s off.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The only constant is change.

However I can but not help think that this culture of 'Green' fervor, Carbon footprint, eco friendly etc is leading up towards a culture shaking punchline or rather a bitter pill for some to swallow. It now being widely accepted that the infamous 'hockey puck' graph was in fact based upon some seriously biased data.

At the root of the problem is that you cannot have it both ways, the human race has come down from the trees and there is no going back. There are only two ways to reduce the use of fossil fuels, one is the reduction of the planetary population on a massive scale the other is the widespread use of nuclear power.

Up until the 3mile island incident and a couple of others involving loss of life the world was optimistic about atomic energy, a reactor in every town and cheap energy for all and all the spin offs like electric cars and so forth. But with these early mishaps the love affair with the atom died and the dream was put on hold. Technology watchers of course have an inkling of things afoot and fusion power once thought of as purely theoretical has gone from being an experimental success is being upscaled for a full power producing prototype facility in France.