God of War 3

skai123

Reaction score
Re: Gowiii

No one interested in GOWIII here?

I downloaded this trailer (720p) on PSN and it looks much better than the online "HD" video.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

It looks ok. I was expecting more graphically.

skai123

Reaction score

It looks ok. I was expecting more graphically.

as great as it looks already they still have plenty of time to improve on it.

That in-game, just scripted..

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

No one interested in GOWIII here?

I downloaded this trailer (720p) on PSN and it looks much better than the online "HD" video.

Play the trailer using Apple QuickTime or Windows Movie Maker. It's a higher bitrate video than the GameTrailers flash one My screenshot shows this. Otherwise, awesome trailer. I hope they make this for PC though.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    600.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score

Play the trailer using Apple QuickTime or Windows Movie Maker. It's a higher bitrate video than the GameTrailers flash one My screenshot shows this. Otherwise, awesome trailer. I hope they make this for PC though.

Still looks better from the downloaded one on PSN in 720p or 1080p

it will never come to PC. lol

There's also real time weapon change as you can see in the video~

Last edited:

darkninj

Reaction score

The game definately looks better than the previous versions, hope it comes out for the 360! lol, most likely the PS3 only though. I agree with Kayos on graphics though, if those are pre rendered which I do not believe they are then they got some work ahead of them. If it was pre rendered then, dang screw that game, Bugnie did better with there pre rendered video for ODST! :drool:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

It won't be on the 360. Sony's internal developers are making the game and publishing it.

The trailer uses in game graphics as well. David Jaffe said that the game looked like a "painting come to life", and while it doesn't look bad it's far from that. I was expecting so much more than what's shown.

I've always been more impressed by actual game play footage when it comes to games though.

skai123

Reaction score

It won't be on the 360. Sony's internal developers are making the game and publishing it.

The trailer uses in game graphics as well. David Jaffe said that the game looked like a "painting come to life", and while it doesn't look bad it's far from that. I was expecting so much more than what's shown.

I've always been more impressed by actual game play footage when it comes to games though.

Yeah, Sony owns the whole GOW franchise.

Everything you see in the video is run on engine and every art asset are in-game models.

darkninj

Reaction score

It's still not game play.

Yes but you have to remember, most trailers for video games are supposed to go above and beyond. They need to show how well they made the game, it's all about advertising. And if you ask me I don't even think they met the standard, Bungie hit it off right with their trailer for ODST although the graphics are pre-rendered. Still for advertisement purposes I would never buy that game.:dunno:

I mean definitely it looks like it could be a great game, but they need to work upon it a bit more, to make it look better then MGS4. They should totally add better gore, I've seen better Gore in Half Life 2, like entrail's and stuff most games with gore haven't gone that far but still, for a reality purpose and all.

skai123

Reaction score

Yes but you have to remember, most trailers for video games are supposed to go above and beyond. They need to show how well they made the game, it's all about advertising. And if you ask me I don't even think they met the standard, Bungie hit it off right with their trailer for ODST although the graphics are pre-rendered. Still for advertisement purposes I would never buy that game.:dunno:

I mean definitely it looks like it could be a great game, but they need to work upon it a bit more, to make it look better then MGS4. They should totally add better gore, I've seen better Gore in Half Life 2, like entrail's and stuff most games with gore haven't gone that far but still, for a reality purpose and all.

So when Sony shows pre-render stuff they get ****s for it (ie Killzone2) but when another company does it it's ok? lol (but Killzone 2 imo looks very close if not better than that pre-rendered vid in 05/6(?) E3)

Like i said they didn't do touch up's for it so what you see now is what they had a couple of months ago, and this game is rumored to come out in 2010 sadly
Edit:
It's still not game play.

I think the part where Kratos is killing the enemy is gameplay?

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

So when Sony shows pre-render stuff they get ****s for it (ie Killzone2) but when another company does it it's ok? lol (but Killzone 2 imo looks very close if not better than that pre-rendered vid in 05/6(?) E3)

Like i said they didn't do touch up's for it so what you see now is what they had a couple of months ago, and this game is rumored to come out in 2010 sadly

The difference is that with Killzone 2 they played it off as if it was in game graphics. With Halo 3 they never claimed it to be a target render.

And Killzone 2 is not even close to the target render.

I think the part where Kratos is killing the enemy is gameplay?

Negative.

skai123

Reaction score

The difference is that with Killzone 2 they played it off as if it was in game graphics. With Halo 3 they never claimed it to be a target render.

And Killzone 2 is not even close to the target render.

Negative.
actually they was misquoted by the press, and media co was jumping on it and what not, same thing happen with ps2 and "toy story graphics" which was also misquoted and what not...
target render and in game graphics is totally different, using those words makes what you wrote sound exaggerated and far from the truth...

They show 20 mins of gameplay to the press(?)

"To further drive home that this trailer was produced in the game’s engine, the audience was treated to nearly 20 minutes of gameplay (which you’ll be reading about all over the internet today, no doubt). After the gameplay demonstration, Stig took questions from the press. Here they are (paraphrased – I can only type so fast!):"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/13/god-of-war-iii-press-event-qa-and-new-trailer/

This game will also have no load time via streaming, awesome, also from that link

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/18/killzonecom-live-qa-with-guerrilla-games/

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

actually they was misquoted by the press, and media co was jumping on it and what not, same thing happen with ps2 and "toy story graphics" which was also misquoted and what not...
target render and in game graphics is totally different, using those words makes what you wrote sound exaggerated and far from the truth...

You do realize that Sony stated that the target render was real game play, right? There was no misquoting about it.

http://s.streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/617/617862/g4_e305live_day3_jtretton_wmvlow.wmv

They have gameplay tho.. I personally think that part is gameplay...

They show 20 mins of gameplay to the press(?)

"To further drive home that this trailer was produced in the game’s engine, the audience was treated to nearly 20 minutes of gameplay (which you’ll be reading about all over the internet today, no doubt). After the gameplay demonstration, Stig took questions from the press. Here they are (paraphrased – I can only type so fast!):"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/13/god-of-war-iii-press-event-qa-and-new-trailer/

This game will also have no load time via streaming, awesome, also from that link

It's still not game play. They've yet to show it to the public.

skai123

Reaction score

You do realize that Sony stated that the target render was real game play, right? There was no misquoting about it.

http://s.streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/617/617862/g4_e305live_day3_jtretton_wmvlow.wmv

It's still not game play. They've yet to show it to the public.
Your link isnt working for me... nvm got it downloading...

From the link i sent it says that they show 20 mins of gameplay...

If you listen to the thing carefully, he said Ted, as in Ted Price president and CEO of Insomniac, which means he was refering to Resistance... and G4/IGN just showed the Killzone 2 vid to confuse people.... also Jack Tretton misheard what he said? or w.e reason he thought he was talking about Resistance

"Thats one thing Ted wants to make everybody understood" around 4:06 watch it...

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

From the link i sent it says that they show 20 mins of gameplay...

They showed press the gameplay, not regular gamers. We've yet to see it in action. And the comment was made about 3 minutes in.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score

They showed press the gameplay, not regular gamers. We've yet to see it in action. And the comment was made about 3 minutes in.
You prob missed my edit from above...

If you listen to the thing carefully, he said Ted, as in Ted Price president and CEO of Insomniac, which means he was refering to Resistance... and G4/IGN just showed the Killzone 2 vid to confuse people.... also Jack Tretton misheard what he said? or w.e reason he thought he was talking about Resistance

"Thats one thing Ted wants to make everybody understood" around 4:06 watch it...

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

You prob missed my edit from above...

That's the lamest excuse you've made. He was referring to Killzone 2, it's as simple as that. Jeff made the question clear as crystal.

skai123

Reaction score

That's the lamest excuse you've made. He was referring to Killzone 2, it's as simple as that. Jeff made the question clear as crystal.
how is that a lame excuse?
i pointed out what he said, and he did say Ted.
my words are clear as crystal yet you say it's a lame excuse... and it wasnt even an excuse. You're just putting words, in this case taking out words from Jack Tretton's mouth...

Before that they were talking about Resistance... so maybe he got confused or w.e and was thinking about Resisntace instead of what he was asking (Killzone 2)...

Last edited: