Google Indexing my site

miocene2

Reaction score
OK, so I created and made a website a few weeks ago for my business and I signed up to Google Webmaster Tools to try and streamline the process of getting it up in the search listings.

I also submitted a sitemap.xml at the time to tell google about my site.

The thing is, google has still only indexed my home home page in the search listings and when I go into the webmaster tools account panel thingy it says it has received the sitemap.xml file but has indexed 0 pages.

I also set the googlebot to crawl my site more regularly

Why is it taking so long to index my site?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Patience my friend, patience ;)

Google index pages and gives ratings based on how many other pages (they already indexed from other sites) link to yours. The best way to get a good google rating is to submit your link to as many web directories as you can. Then try link exchange with other sites that are in same or similar business as you are.

And remember google uses Open Directory Project so try submitting your site there. It's free but it can take several weeks (sometimes mounts) to get listed.

nirajkum

Reaction score
submitting in dmoz is not very useful .. as I had submitted my site 1 year back but still not listed .. has anyone got listed in dmoz