google search verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbagit23

Reaction score
I have been trying to add my free site to google search and cannot paste the google verification html code to my homepage as required by google. How can I do this?Everytime I paste it, it doesn't show up when saved and google states that my site is not verified. Thanks for your help.:dunno:

naved123456

Reaction score
I think you have to create a webpage with the provided google code. The code should be the title of the page.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I think you have to create a webpage with the provided google code. The code should be the title of the page.
If this is Webmaster tools you're on about:
There are two authentications methods: meta tag which needs to be inserted on your index page, OR creating a new page of specified name. Using the second, download the authentication file google provides, and upload it.

Note that this doesn't add you to google search, this simply provides tools to look at the data google has about your site.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I have been trying to add my free site to google search and cannot paste the google verification html code to my homepage as required by google. How can I do this?Everytime I paste it, it doesn't show up when saved and google states that my site is not verified. Thanks for your help.:dunno:

Adding your website to Google doesn't involve modifying files.

Submit your site to Google search here:

http://google.com/addurl

vazersg

Reaction score
Well I don't think give much different by using webmaster tools as the search ranking much depend on how popular your website. For instant even without submitting your site to google, you might be able to get it ranked.

If it really need to modify code.. I believe the problem is not about the host, but something wrong in between when you're creating the verification file. As host is just providing space .... so I believe it's more relevant if you contact google to ask why google cannot verify and they might be able to give you specific reason as the connection is out ... not in.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

only google webmaster tools requires verification. Some users confuses webmaster tools with adding their pages to the engine.

Webmaster tools only shows what pages are indexed and the status of your sitemap.

Status
Not open for further replies.