Great success after trying domain change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have uploaded my new index to my site in the public folder. However I continue to get the great success page. I tried changing my domain and then changing it back with no success. I have flushed my dns and deleted all my browser cookies/temp files several times.

Would you help me determine what I am doing wrong?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site seems to work for me now. Could you try flush your DNS and delete your browser cache and try again? If this doesn't work, can you see your site trough a proxy?

Reaction score
How can I view my site through a proxy? I'm at work at the moment and I am checking form a entirely different computer then this morning, but I still get the Great Success Apache Cpanel messsage.

firstsemesterspanish.co.cc

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you register your .co.cc domain at the .co.cc site? And have you set the correct dns entries?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It shows as it should through the proxy. What gives? Why would a proxy display it correctly but I cant just browse to it?

I used ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.xhosting.com. <<- I'm typing tat from memory, I pulled the nameservers from the tutorial.

Joshua203

Reaction score
i can view your page just fine too, since all posts in here are from today.. keep in mind it may take upto 48 hours to fully propagate the new DNS

the DNS you used are ok too obviously ;)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It can be that your ISP caches DNS (mine does, and it can take weeks for a domain to update :(). I suggest you try using an alternate DNS server, like openDNS

Reaction score
So my best bet is to wait for it to propagate.

I will start editing and just looking at it through the proxy.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.