green dots on my monitor[help]

pogodoknow60

Reaction score
What could be cause??? By now i have changed 2 graphic cards and same happens, the 1st one begin like that (two vertical dotted lines separated 13 cm of each other appear on monitor expecialy when playing games) then get worse to eventialy have to change it, now with 'new' one same starts,and i dont play buy graphic card ethernaly :), expecial my pc is kinda old, the graphic is nvidia ge force 4 mx 400, the 1st one was geforce 2mx 400 so i guess something bother to graphic cards but dont know what, temperature is normal, anyone got similar experiances???

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Does it show up when you take a screenshot and upload the image somewhere for us to see? Can you provide a photo of what your monitor shows? That's the key to see whether or not it may be a Graphics Card issue. What you're describing could be either trouble with the monitor, motherboard or the Graphics Card.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What could be cause??? By now i have changed 2 graphic cards and same happens, the 1st one begin like that (two vertical dotted lines separated 13 cm of each other appear on monitor expecialy when playing games) then get worse to eventialy have to change it, now with 'new' one same starts,and i dont play buy graphic card ethernaly :), expecial my pc is kinda old, the graphic is nvidia ge force 4 mx 400, the 1st one was geforce 2mx 400 so i guess something bother to graphic cards but dont know what, temperature is normal, anyone got similar experiances???

Sounds like it's the screen to me... Is there any way you can test it?

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Faulty wiring maybe? If it's LCD, I know there's a screen of RGB pixels over the entire thing which maps out what you see, it may simply be throwing too much power to the screen, giving you the dots you see.

pogodoknow60

Reaction score
Smith6612 said:
Does it show up when you take a screenshot and upload the image somewhere for us to see?
Currently its ok i used take off graphic card and used vacum cleaner on motherboard but its shorttem solution since also i did this before, so dots will appear again soon, so then ill post screenshot if that can help

Sharky said:
Sounds like it's the screen to me... Is there any way you can test it?
screen in way that monitor is damadging grapnic card or monitor display is bad or what??? I dont believe its monitor cause when i changed old graphic card all was perfect.

leafypiggy said:
If it's LCD, I know there's a screen of RGB pixels over the entire thing which maps out what you see
its crt 17"

i appreciate ur help folks...tnx

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
screen in way that monitor is damadging grapnic card or monitor display is bad or what??? I dont believe its monitor cause when i changed old graphic card all was perfect.
In that case, please verify the drivers for the graphic cards.Are both drivers for old card and new card conflicting with eachother?
Did you uninstall old drivers before installing the new card's drivers?
WHat make are the cards, can you put information on these..

Regards,
VVBB