HaChan Imageboard "Deprecated" Error

sixoneni

Reaction score
So the other day, I set up an imageboard using HaChan (A simpler imageboard script), and I notice on my boards, there is an error message saying:

"Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/(sitedomain)/public_html/a/index.php on line 431

Can anyone figure out what I can do to remove it? I'm also using the hachan.zip version of the imageboard, if that means anything.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

This warning message simply indicates that the eregi() function will be removed in a later PHP version. It will still work for now, and you can hide that message by disabling error reporting for your account. You can do this by either setting error_reporting() in your PHP script, or changing your account's "display_errors" property to "Off" (by following this article).

Thank you,

sixoneni

Reaction score
Hi,

This warning message simply indicates that the eregi() function will be removed in a later PHP version. It will still work for now, and you can hide that message by disabling error reporting for your account. You can do this by either setting error_reporting() in your PHP script, or changing your account's "display_errors" property to "Off" (by following this article).

Thank you,

Thank You so much!