Have I done something stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodb16

Reaction score
I'm a newbie as far as your service goes. I've managed to create and populate my MySQL database, have uploaded the site to the correct location and set a CNAME on www.baconplanet.com to point to stoli, yet I'm getting a 404. Can you give me a hint please? (Also, what is the name of the DB server?)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
try setting your nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, and adding it as a parked/addon domain in cPanel.

The DB host is "localhost" (sans quotes)

rodb16

Reaction score
I don't use DNS via x10, so this won't help. Thanks anyways!

dlukin

Reaction score
Sometimes it takes the system a while to update the virtual host list. That is why you are getting the defaultwebsitepage.cgi if you go to your domain and a 404 error if you try to find any interior page.

Seems to clear up in 12-24 hrs. Or not.

rodb16

Reaction score
There's nothing in my logs at all. I suspect something has gone awry in the configuration, and apache is pointing somewhere it shouldn't (or as you suggest, the virtual host config hasn't applied yet).

I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks.

Last edited:

rodb16

Reaction score
I still can't access my site, and I suspect the virtual host config is not right (I renamed my domain a few times, so something may have got messed up).

Is there an admin who can take a look at it for me please?

rodb16

Reaction score
I wondering if this is all just a bad joke. I know it's a free service, but if it doesn't work and there's nobody around to help, then what am I supposed to do?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Problem: still directs to defaultwebpage.cgi

Escalating to a Support Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.