Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I just contacted my congressman about how bad education is here in Tennessee (USA). It just made me interested in how many people actually write them?

Have you ever written yours? If so, what about? :)

allofus

Reaction score
I have called your congressmen numerous times...

Melt the switchboard Tuesdays and I am over in the UK.

Called related to the bailouts, hr1207, healthcare reforms, HR4200, hate crime bill and more...

Not made a blind bit of difference, nobody is listening.

Affirmative action, that is all they really notice, being independent, avoiding the tax burden where possible, abandoning the banks, not buying from corporate giants, home education, healthy eating, self-sufficiency... Now that is the stuff these criminals cannot ignore because every time another person steps down this path that is another slave less they have at their mercy.

Well, to an extent anyway.

Then there is educating our young and fit so they do not wind up in Iraq, keeping coolaide out of our children's brains and turning off the TV.

Nice poll...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Congress is stupid. They don't listen, and waste hours and hours/months and months on, making a stupid law like, "You have to park your car at most 6" away from the curb"

Congress is so BEEPing STUPID, I personally hate everyone of these congress man, they are really leading America, the president is a mere figurehead for them to lead under. Like Queen Victoria, (Only a figure head)....

Congress is stupid, I would not waste my time writing to them, and I don't think anyone else should...but if you know where they live...call me, and I won't mind driving my car through their GRAND MANSIONS...dumb BEEPING people, they get paid, NOT TO HELP US...well it's what they are doing!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I just contacted my congressman about how bad education is here in Tennessee (USA). It just made me interested in how many people actually write them?

Have you ever written yours? If so, what about? :)

I'm not that much of a fan of writing letters. I remember writing one letter to Wendy's as a homework assignment during 7th grade when we were required to pick a company of our choice to either send a complaint, compliment, or suggestion to. I wrote them a letter of compliment, and received a handful of coupons in return.

I've never really found a particular reason to write my congressperson either. I'm pretty apathetic about what goes on, and if I want to change something, I usually try to take care of it myself.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Congress is stupid. They don't listen, and waste hours and hours/months and months on, making a stupid law like, "You have to park your car at most 6" away from the curb"

Congress is so BEEPing STUPID, I personally hate everyone of these congress man, they are really leading America, the president is a mere figurehead for them to lead under. Like Queen Victoria, (Only a figure head)....

Congress is stupid, I would not waste my time writing to them, and I don't think anyone else should...but if you know where they live...call me, and I won't mind driving my car through their GRAND MANSIONS...dumb BEEPING people, they get paid, NOT TO HELP US...well it's what they are doing!

I don't think that's entirely true. If they want to get voted back in and get more money, they'll pretty much do what the majority of people want?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think that's entirely true. If they want to get voted back in and get more money, they'll pretty much do what the majority of people want?

If you do a search, you'll find that the people who win being a mayor or congressman or president, WASTE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE than their opponent...well, if you feel appeal to organizations with more money...who do you think will win??? Of course thats an easy answerable question.

Plus.......have you noticed how anyone that says they will do something, before being elected does try to do it, but does not accomplish it??? Well I don't think they don't finish on purpose, they just wanted to get re-elected, so they'll have to say what we want to hear OF COURSE!

I hate the congressman! I hate the governor as well...hehe...if you knew who Obama was before being president...you might be pissed off as well. I have my reasons, I hate elected "anything's" the voice of those who are small in number as always ignored!

Well, it just shows, how this world works.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Then how do you think the United States government should be operated then? It seems you hate government in general?