Having problems on Wordpress with picture inserting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polishma

Reaction score
I posted this to Wordpress, and they said to check with my hosting because it could be a "mod_security" problem on their end. I'm just getting flustered with it all. Here is my problem:
"I've been trying to get a post up all morning and afternoon. Everytime I try to add a picture to the media library, it gives me an "HTTP Error". Then when I refresh the page, and look in the library, the picture appears 3 or 4 different times. When I go to insert it into my post, it doesn't show up at all. Not as a picture or a broken link, it literally just highlights a space (as if I hit the space bar) blue... I'm getting SO frustrated. I tried disabling and enabling all of my plugins and it did nothing, I tried changing themes, did nothing."

How can I fix this if it is a mod_security problem? I'm not text smart... so I don't even know where to begin.

iammario

Reaction score
This isn't something you're doing wrong. A few wordpress installations on some of the free x10hosting servers are currently affected by this. I've seen a few x10hosting support volunteers say that they're currently working on fixing this. You'll have to wait it out with the rest of us.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
We're aware of the issue and are working on it. It appears to be affecting at least two servers at the moment. (vox and level)

It appears that the issue is related to imagemagick.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I've isolated the cause of the issue... we're running some tests before we put the fix into place and then we'll have you guys try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.