Haze :D

imaran

Reaction score
It's out and I got mine. It's freaking awesome so far. Played a lot of multiplayer and some single player. I have a HORRIBLE internet connection and it still plays great.

Graphics are great.

Gameplay is awesome mulitplayer and not. You can also have bots(AI/computer players) in your multiplayer.

Music is awesome.

Story thus far is great, we'll see what I think at the end. According to gamespot the game is bad because of the AI and the Story, thus far the AI has been good imo...story, we'll see. Multiplayer rocks either way though.

I suggest it to anyone who has a ps3...fair warning though, 5gb install on HD. Minimal loading though after that :). I'll be sure to update as I learn and enjoy (or not so much if I find flaws).

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I hope this is brought to PC.. I'm currently trying to sell the PS3 I have, but if this game wows me then I might just keep it

unit9311

Reaction score
I have played the demo and i didnt think much of it so far...im sure the full game is better but for now ill stay with cod4 and wait for BF:BC to come out.

peace
paul

Clinton

Reaction score
The graphics aren't the greatest but the game is better than most reviews hate on it claim it to be.

imaran

Reaction score
In parts the graphics are awesome, in parts they're not very detailed. Overall though thus far it's a lot better than what i've read on it.

It's kind of a cross between Halo and COD as far as how it plays (futuristic weapons but the sights for the rebels are realistic COD type sights). I like it a lot, I just got to the big change part of the story and it's pretty well done (I went on vacation so I didn't play during Mem. Day weekend).

As far as multiplayer goes I think a like COD4 a little better but Halo a little worse.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
The demo looked ok, storyline seems a bit weird though...

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I have yet to find some place on my hard disk to install this.. I'll probably give it a try sometime this summer (if my laptop can run it, no idea about the minimal system requirements). From what I've read it looks like a good game and the general story/game concept looks good too.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The Metacritic score for this game is: 57

Gamerrankings.com's score is: 58%

Critically the game is a letdown. It's a rental at most.

kkenny

Reaction score
Maybe a. To get for my most hated gamer boss at christmas. Type of game :)

burner35

Reaction score
If I may, I really never cared for the PS3 and there games..... HAZE Looks really nice, but it's something I'd rent not to buy.

imaran

Reaction score
I don't really care what the critics say, it's a great game. The more I get into it the more I love it. The story, the controls, the guns, the missions and what not...it's all really solid. I don't know who has been reviewing the game, but they obviously are either paid to rate things a certain way or they don't know what they're talking about.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't really care what the critics say, it's a great game. The more I get into it the more I love it. The story, the controls, the guns, the missions and what not...it's all really solid. I don't know who has been reviewing the game, but they obviously are either paid to rate things a certain way or they don't know what they're talking about.

I'd trust the opinion of all the reviews averaged together than some person on a message board. The fact of the matter is that the game is a very generic, mediocre shooter that only really worth a rental.

imaran

Reaction score
I'd trust the opinion of all the reviews averaged together than some person on a message board. The fact of the matter is that the game is a very generic, mediocre shooter that only really worth a rental.

I'd rather trust my own opinion than those of reviewers that have been rumored to be paid by microsoft...surprise surprise...this is a playstation only game.

as for people's reviews, the last 2 years have all been faulty, including Halo 3. People start putting in their votes and reviews before the games are even released, they vote 0 just because they don't like the other console they vote 0 just to see what they can do to a game. They have whole groups of people they get to do it to influence the scores the way they want. It's been happening the last 2 years much more frequently than it used to. The respectability of the gaming world has dropped considerably.

rent it and make YOUR own call on it.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd rather trust my own opinion than those of reviewers that have been rumored to be paid by microsoft...surprise surprise...this is a playstation only game.

as for people's reviews, the last 2 years have all been faulty, including Halo 3. People start putting in their votes and reviews before the games are even released, they vote 0 just because they don't like the other console they vote 0 just to see what they can do to a game. They have whole groups of people they get to do it to influence the scores the way they want. It's been happening the last 2 years much more frequently than it used to. The respectability of the gaming world has dropped considerably.

rent it and make YOUR own call on it.

I'd rather trust the sum of all the reviews of the major review sites then some obscure person on a message board. If a game's average is 75 or higher it's most likely a quality game. Anything 70 to 60 is worth a rental and anything below that is avoided.

Haze is at 58, it's a rental at most, if that. I'm sorry you wasted your money on it but most gamers actually research games before they buy them. Reviews are one of the biggest factors in the purchase of a game.

I understand that you have to justify your purchase especially after a game has been hyped as much as Haze. It's forgivable to an extent but going on and on about how the gaming world's respect has dropped is just an excuse and a pitiful argument.

One thing I did forget is that the PS3 barely has any good games in comparison to the 360 so my views at quality games differ to that of a person who only has a PS3. Most PS3 owners take what they can get.

imaran

Reaction score
I'd rather trust the sum of all the reviews of the major review sites then some obscure person on a message board. If a game's average is 75 or higher it's most likely a quality game. Anything 70 to 60 is worth a rental and anything below that is avoided.

Haze is at 58, it's a rental at most, if that. I'm sorry you wasted your money on it but most gamers actually research games before they buy them. Reviews are one of the biggest factors in the purchase of a game.

I understand that you have to justify your purchase especially after a game has been hyped as much as Haze. It's forgivable to an extent but going on and on about how the gaming world's respect has dropped is just an excuse and a pitiful argument.

One thing I did forget is that the PS3 barely has any good games in comparison to the 360 so my views at quality games differ to that of a person who only has a PS3. Most PS3 owners take what they can get.

It's people like you guys that make America(or whatever country you're in) what it is. You follow what people tell you like sheep. I am no sheep and I refuse to be one. I make my own mind up about EVERY game I play and EVERY system I play.

I loved the xbox, I only like the 360. I liked the PS2, I love the PS3. I liked the N64, I liked the Playstation, I loved the Nintendo, I was only so-so on the Supernintendo (they had some really good games for it though). I loved the Sega Genesis but it had some poorer games. I loved the old atari back when I had that. Many of the game reviewers today haven't even heard of the Atari, why the hell should I listen to them? Many are so focused on graphics...Tecmo Superbowl for the NES is one of my all time faves, tell me how good those graphics are. (another ex: Zelda)

Yes, Haze has a couple spots where they didn't detail the graphics as much. Yes there is a time or two when the missile carrier runs you over not stopping for you because they didn't make the AI think to stop (it makes the level more of a challenge...really it does, it keeps you moving). Who cares about a flaw here or there, all games have them. To me there are some really cool and fun things you do during the game and the pace of the game ROCKS. The story to me makes a lot of sense and is really good, different people have different views on it but that's mine.

There is a reason why you can buy or rent, it's not to let someone else tell you about the experience. The reason you can get it is so you can experience it and make your mind up about it. So stop being a sheep and make your own mind up on things.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's people like you guys that make America(or whatever country you're in) what it is. You follow what people tell you like sheep. I am no sheep and I refuse to be one. I make my own mind up about EVERY game I play and EVERY system I play.

I loved the xbox, I only like the 360. I liked the PS2, I love the PS3. I liked the N64, I liked the Playstation, I loved the Nintendo, I was only so-so on the Supernintendo (they had some really good games for it though). I loved the Sega Genesis but it had some poorer games. I loved the old atari back when I had that. Many of the game reviewers today haven't even heard of the Atari, why the hell should I listen to them? Many are so focused on graphics...Tecmo Superbowl for the NES is one of my all time faves, tell me how good those graphics are. (another ex: Zelda)

Yes, Haze has a couple spots where they didn't detail the graphics as much. Yes there is a time or two when the missile carrier runs you over not stopping for you because they didn't make the AI think to stop (it makes the level more of a challenge...really it does, it keeps you moving). Who cares about a flaw here or there, all games have them. To me there are some really cool and fun things you do during the game and the pace of the game ROCKS. The story to me makes a lot of sense and is really good, different people have different views on it but that's mine.

There is a reason why you can buy or rent, it's not to let someone else tell you about the experience. The reason you can get it is so you can experience it and make your mind up about it. So stop being a sheep and make your own mind up on things.

Be a rebel all you want. Call Americans sheep till your lungs burst. I could care less because at the end of the day I know I have the comfort of not wasting $60 on a ****ty game because I researched it, found out the game was mediocre and generic. I feel bad for everyone who did give into the hype. I feel bad for the reputable developers who made the game. I was hoping for it to be good seeing that it did come from the developers of Timesplitters but the previews continually looked crappy and when the game finally was released the reviews were all pretty much negative, except maybe the fanboy magazines and websites.

You can waste your money all you want on ****ty games. Really, that's your right. If you think I'm a sheep for being a smart consumer then there are billions of sheep in the world.

imaran

Reaction score
A smart consumer rents before buying, which I'll admit, I wasn't. I let the hype talk me into reserving it early it and to be 100% honest, I was like sh!t when I saw the negative reviews. Still, I've played it and I am really happy with it. I honestly like it more than I like Halo 2/3. The pace of the 1 player mode is far better and the multiplayer maps are better.

Overall as I said many times before, for multiplayer I like CoD4 better. I wish I would have bought Call of Duty 4 instead just for that reason. But hey, I have 2 friends who have CoD4 where I can go play or borrow and when I'm at home playing alone, the single player campaign on Haze is about as fun as any shooter I've ever played, as I now have a kid I am forced to focus a bit more on playing alone at home as I can't go out as much. Before, I'd have definitely not been as happy as I prefer multiplayer over single any day, but now I have no choice.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A smart consumer rents before buying, which I'll admit, I wasn't. I let the hype talk me into reserving it early it and to be 100% honest, I was like sh!t when I saw the negative reviews. Still, I've played it and I am really happy with it. I honestly like it more than I like Halo 2/3. The pace of the 1 player mode is far better and the multiplayer maps are better.

Overall as I said many times before, for multiplayer I like CoD4 better. I wish I would have bought Call of Duty 4 instead just for that reason. But hey, I have 2 friends who have CoD4 where I can go play or borrow and when I'm at home playing alone, the single player campaign on Haze is about as fun as any shooter I've ever played, as I now have a kid I am forced to focus a bit more on playing alone at home as I can't go out as much. Before, I'd have definitely not been as happy as I prefer multiplayer over single any day, but now I have no choice.

I'm glad you like it more than Halo 2 and 3. The majority of the gaming community thinks Halo is still a better game. Personally, it's hard for any game to top Halo 3's Forge, and Theater.

But who cares? You like the game, most people don't. Obviously you wouldn't have bought it (at full retail price at least) if you rented it first. I've even gave into hype with games in the past so it's not like I don't know where you're coming from.

And yeah, CoD4's the multiplayer shooter out. I actually have two copies of that game.