HellSheep said Mysql is resolved.. but not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gster1984

Reaction score
i read the news and updates about chopin and as my title goes.. Mine doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

oh wait a minute.. im on stoli i think.. hmm.

no news about stoli mysql then.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

on a side note... what do the stars mean? i don't see it in a legend.. i assume its a way to flag me on issues?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean when you talk about stars. Are they alongside the thread title or are they elsewhere?

Otherwise, it looks as if Stoli's MySQL connections are acting up as other sites on the server are seeing the same issues that your forum is seeing. I'll see who I can get to take a look at what is up.

gster1984

Reaction score
Yes, along the thread title.

and thanks. It has been down for about 2-3 days now with a short uptime yesterday.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Along the thread title is generally the topic ranking (which people can vote on). That's all that is really to it.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It appears Stoli MySQL is fine, can you please provide a link to the page that is not working?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
First link is loading the forums properly, second errors due to me not being logged in, but that'd also be a sign mysql's up or I'd get some form of mysql error I'd imagine.

Have you cleared your browser's cache? It might be storing it from when it -was- erroring.

gster1984

Reaction score
I have.. infact i even installed Opera just to view my pages cause i wouldn't have a cached version on a new install. Still getting the error.

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

On my live support i get

[Mysql Connection failed] ( : )

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellsheep and I are doing what we can to identify and fix the problem.

The unique issue is you and Hellsheep both can't see it, but I can - this leaves me completely clueless and useless cause I can't even replicate the error :S

This is gunna be a tricky one, that's for sure :S

gster1984

Reaction score
dang. I'd say just wipe my account and i can reload everything but i can't log in to grab a backup of both support and forums..

is there another way for me to make backup of these databases through cPanel or anything?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair warning, we're doing some major debugging on this and the mysql/entire account MAY go up and down while we do. We also have an even bigger freak out - it's not just me. We found another user on IRC who wasn't receiving an error, and one who was. So just to complicate things that's 3 who cant' and 2 who can, and this is the -first- time something like this has happened. XD

Just keeping you posted.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Still working on it; I'm gunna be calling it quits in a bit, however there's an interesting development: it's not just you. There's a few other users having a similar problem, so we're gunna be doing some pretty heavy digging to find what's making it happen, it seems. :S

Upshot is the data itself is intact cause I somehow can still view it, the question is why can't you and Hellsheep and a few random other users :(

Last edited:

gster1984

Reaction score
If it would make things easier on you guys to just make me a new account then i don't really mind... as long as my double all add-on is reinstated of course.

If this is happening to others then i'm sure you guys would rather find the problem so it doesn't happen again i assume?

Regardless, sorry for being an issue.
On the positive side, i guess i'm providing free bug testing for you :/

gster1984

Reaction score
This thread can be closed now. Thanks.

on a side note, can you please link "propctuner" to my hosting account. I do not wish to use the name im on right now since it hints to personal information and could possibly be used to guess at passwords. Thanks.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There should be a Swap Username command inside the account panel, either on the current username or on propctuner; use that to change the vBulletin name linked to the account :)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries :)

Closing the ticket now that we've got it squared away; if you run into troubles again let us know! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.