Help attempting to find Email/FTP configureation details

kb9zds

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to x10 hosting for some reason I did not get a welcome to x10 email.
Because of this I do n ot know how to setup outlook or slimiar softer to access my site email account. I also do not the configuration details for ftp client software please help.
My site address is: kb9zds.x10host.com

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Andy, I'm wondering this to . Maybe we both can get some answers. Shocking the Welcome email doesn't give you that info

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you create an email account? If not you would start by going into "Email Manager " -> "Email Accounts" and create one.

First chose the first part of the email address by entering your desired email into the field user (ie "contact" for instance).
Set your desired password, save this as you will need it when setting the email account up in your email client.

For "E-mail Quota" and "Send Limit" you can leave as it is or tick unlimited (will however be limited to the disk space you have available in the account and a send limit on the plan itself).

Then in the email client (this will differ a bit depending on client) you would fill in the following:
Name: Your name (will be shown as part of the sender, can be anything)
E-mail address: what you just created
Password: the password you set when creating the email address
Protocol: chose POP3 or IMAP for incoming (IMAP leaves everything on the server and syncs between server and client, POP3 downloads to your computer and depending on setting can keep or remove from the server). For IMAP 993 is the secure port (SSL/TLS) or 143 for plain. For POP3 995 is the secure SSL/TLS port, and 110 the plain one).
SMTP is outgoing emails, 587 is secure (SSL/TLS) or 25 for plain.
Authentication: Password works for me, both incoming and outgoing.
Username: The full email address as you created it, for example contact@domain.x10host.com.
Server: Your domain name (if you have SSL installed you can use the secure ports, if not you should use the plain to avoid an error about certificate), it will also work to use the servers URL, ie x11.x10hosting.com (assuming you are on x11), which do have certificates installed.

Regarding FTP:
Protocol: FTP
Host: Your domain, or server address as above.
User: Either your DirectAdmin user (as seen in the panel like userhxat @ x##) or if you created an ftp user under FTP manager it would be chosenname@domain.x10host.com
Password: What your password is (if you don't know the DA password, you can set it by changin password from the panel, just click the service name to get that option), if you created a ftp user you need to set the one you assigned there.
Encryption: FTP over TLS if possible (requires SSL enabled and active), if you have STARTTLS this should also work

Note, my clients are not using the English language so I translated the terms so they may differ on your client(s)

kb9zds

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed replay I am getting back into websites after about 20 years.
I have a new problem I was try to confire my domain default email address to sync
svcqjxfv@kb9zds.x10host.com

and now the sever won't allow me to log in.

I hope I javen't broken anything.

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed replay I am getting back into websites after about 20 years.
I have a new problem I was try to confire my domain default email address to sync

What's interesting is when i try to do any of that my hold site gets blocked and then i have to get it unblocked . That why i have only trued it once

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

The default email address is a bit different, it will take your DA credentials (username and password), this will correspond to the part before @ in the email address as the username in a mail client, I didn't include this since it being a randomized name would likely not be a widely used one for other then the internal stuff its intended for.

This is also why I started with how to create an email address.

I have unblocked your IP (which was due to the failed logins)

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The default email address is a bit different, it will take your DA username (the part before @) as the username in a mail client, I didn't include this since it being a randomized name would likely not be a widely used one for other then the internal stuff its intended for.

This is also why I started with how to create an email address.

I have unblocked your IP (which was due to the failed logins)
What if you use a domain Email like ie xxx@xxx.ga would it be the same setup ?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What if you use a domain Email like ie xxx@xxx.ga would it be the same setup ?
Does that email account have the default mark on it, or is it one you created yourself?

If it is marked as default (each domain will have a default email address) the username/password to use will be as noted at Help attempting to find Email/FTP configureation details, the rest will be the same as the initial reply at Help attempting to find Email/FTP configureation details

If it is not marked as default, you follow the instructions at: Help attempting to find Email/FTP configureation details