Help Changing main domain.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

haraprasad

Reaction score
I signed up at x10 with a co.cc domain and it is my main domain. I used to login to cpanel at cpanel.haraprasad.co.cc (because both the ports 2082 and 2083 are blocked inside my university). Now I registered a domain techstroll.com and added it as a parked domain and my site is now working fine.

Now I need help with the following

• I want to change my main domain to techstroll.com because I no longer wish to hold the co.cc domain for more than 2 months, but in doing so can I be able to login to my cpanel at cpanel.techstroll.com ? One of my friend changed the main domain of his account and couldn't access the cpanel afterwards via proxy.
  • I want to use 301 redirects for my co.cc domain. How should I do this such that everypage of old domain redirects to the samepage in the new domain. I'd like you to be detailed, cause I'm still far from a expert;) ;).
Thank you.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
At the moment we need Account Manager to change your main domain.

I have requested Account Manager to look into this, they will get back to you soon.
I want to use 301 redirects for my co.cc domain. How should I do this such that everypage of old domain redirects to the samepage in the new domain. I'd like you to be detailed, cause I'm still far from a expert .

Go to co.cc and setup a wildcard redirect to your new domain.

haraprasad

Reaction score
Thanks for prompt reply
I couldn't find a wildcard redirect for my domain at co.cc. There is a URL forwarding service though. But this is not what I want.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for prompt reply
I couldn't find a wildcard redirect for my domain at co.cc. There is a URL forwarding service though. But this is not what I want.

After your domain sucessfully change to new one, then add your co.cc domain to addon domains.

Then go to "Redirect" Option in cpanel and set wildcard redirect for co.cc domain to main domain

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

In order to change your main domain, you can not have the domain techstroll.com as a parked domain, so if it is still parked you need to remove it first.

As long as you configure that domain to use our name servers, using cpanel.techstroll.com should work just fine for login to cPanel.

As for the redirect, you could add the co.cc as parked in cPanel and add this to the .htaccess to achieve what you want:
Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^haraprasad.co.cc$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.haraprasad.co.cc$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://techstroll.com/$1 [R=301,L]

haraprasad

Reaction score
I did as you said. Everything's working fine now except the sub pages of haraprasad.co.cc redirects to the homepage techstroll.com not to the respective subpage. I want a page by page redirect. I am using wordpress in my root directory.
Below is my complete .htaccess file contents if it can help.
Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^haraprasad.co.cc$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.haraprasad.co.cc$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://techstroll.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Last edited:

haraprasad

Reaction score
As long as you configure that domain to use our name servers, using cpanel.techstroll.com should work just fine for login to cPanel.
Now I can't login to cpanel too with cpanel.techstroll.com or cpanel.haraprasad.co.cc.
It says "Domain name doesn't exist"

Status
Not open for further replies.