HELP! I need to restore a backup manually

tryb

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

It started when I needed to restore my website, and softacalous auto installer wasn't working. I thought I was all that and so I tried manually restoring it. I deleted all my files on x10 file manager, and the database, and the user/installation.

I pasted the database backup in the myphpadmin, and I pasted the backup in the file manager. My site shows "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

I have multiple perfectly fine backups, but I don't know how, or if I still can restore them as it would be on a new installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

It started when I needed to restore my website, and softacalous auto installer wasn't working. I thought I was all that and so I tried manually restoring it. I deleted all my files on x10 file manager, and the database, and the user/installation.

I pasted the database backup in the myphpadmin, and I pasted the backup in the file manager. My site shows "Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress."

I have multiple perfectly fine backups, but I don't know how, or if I still can restore them as it would be on a new installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

The error you are seeing you should be able to go to extra features > select PHP version and enable the MySql module required.

tryb

Reaction score
The MySql error is now fixed, thank you. I still need to restore the backup. It was made with Softacalous and I dont see an option there to upload a backup. Also, I think if I upload the backup to my the softacalous backup file in x10 file manager it might work, but there is a 100mb file upload limit and my backup is 140mb. Is there any way around this, and other ideas for how I can restore my website?

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
The MySql error is now fixed, thank you. I still need to restore the backup. It was made with Softacalous and I dont see an option there to upload a backup. Also, I think if I upload the backup to my the softacalous backup file in x10 file manager it might work, but there is a 100mb file upload limit and my backup is 140mb. Is there any way around this, and other ideas for how I can restore my website?
You need to be a little more specific.Is it a WP restriction, or a php restriction. Is it a database backup (SQL file)? Have you googled your issue?

Google Search

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always upload using FTP rather then the file manager, no file size restriction there (but keep in mind that files larger then 10mb can be automatically pruned as per ToS after a certain amount of time on the server, so don't leave the backup for too long without using it).