Help! I seem to have broken down everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

theengli

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to upgade my moodle and couldn't due to some conflicts. Then I tried to restore what I had from the backups, but it seems that I messed up my database somehow and I can't import my backup of it. Now I can log onto my site, but I can't make any changes because there's an error writing into the database.

Please, is there a chance you could restore the site & the database to the state before I started making any changes (like it was on Tuesaday, for instance)? I'm desperate and in tears. Seven years of my life seem to be lost forever.

theengli

Reaction score
I imported the database backup from August 2019, because the today's backup is somehow broken and wouldn't import, but all 6 months of data seem to be lost (*crying).
The website is working, but I still get this message everywhere:

upload_2020-2-8_16-21-32.png

Still, is there any chance to restore my lost data of the recent 6 months? I'd do anything to restore it!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much backups are taken on the new setup yet for individual use, but I do have access to the database as it was pre-migration from the cPanel server.

Seeing as moodle has 7.1 as requirement in the other post you have, did you try to set your account to use that version?

theengli

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much backups are taken on the new setup yet for individual use, but I do have access to the database as it was pre-migration from the cPanel server.
If pre-migration means anything after August 2019, can you please, please, please use it? I've lost everything from 28th August up to now and it's a huge amount of data for me.
Seeing as moodle has 7.1 as requirement in the other post you have, did you try to set your account to use that version?
Yes, I've tried all the versions in Extra features. 7.0. is the only one where my site works. In 7.1. there was database connection error. I now have a much older version of moodle. These were the requirements for the newer version I tried to install but I couldn't due to the insufficient MariaDB version. I posted the screenshots here: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/where-can-i-see-the-hosting-version-of-the-database.207372/

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have applied the pre-migration database backup (I alos put a copy of it in the root of your account in case you need for future).

In fact I grabbed it fresh from the old server so it should have everything you edited up until your account was migrated.

theengli

Reaction score
I have applied the pre-migration database backup (I alos put a copy of it in the root of your account in case you need for future).

In fact I grabbed it fresh from the old server so it should have everything you edited up until your account was migrated.
Anna, you've saved my life!
I don't know how to thank you!
Is there anything I could do for you to reciprocate your immense support?

Status
Not open for further replies.