Help me Oh x10hosting, you're my only hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiquitas

Reaction score
So, I was using the search function of the forums, because I like to be self sufficient first and then annoy people with obvious questions, but the only post I could have added to was closed, or so I saw. So now I must open this in hopes of rectifying my stupidity in a most fastidious fashion. Ergo this juxtaposed to the verisimilitude of oh no I went cross eyed...any who.

I get this a lot...

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 Service not available.
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 Service not available.
Error: Could not connect to server

So am I dutch or retarded? Well actually I'm Polish so this may be my first problem. I'm using all the right stuff the help site tells me to do. I've been eyeballing the cPanel grumpily for sometime now watching that video over and over and doing all I must and can to get this thing to work. Worst case scenario I manually upload every file, but I didn't get ten pounds over weight by being pro active. Oh please, x10, help this poor lazy man remain lazy. Again, why does baby jesus hate me?

zen-r

Reaction score
So what have you done so far?

Registered a site at .co.cc?

Have you set the DNS to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com?

How long ago (it can take 24hrs to propagate)?

Have you then set your new .co.cc as your main domain in your account panel, or a sub/parked domain in cPanel?

This sort of extra info always helps us if we are to try & help you. :)

antiquitas

Reaction score
Well well well, we meet again, Senior Casanova.... I mean Zen-R. No I mean Casanova.

Well let's run down the list you gave me.

So what have you done so far?
I cooked a pizza, it was very delicious. Thank you for asking.

Registered a site at .co.cc?
Check. I have done such and as the Moon doth pass over yonder sky the reading of the sinew deems it was done as the Internet Gods decreed.

Have you set the DNS to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com?
Indeed I have. Which considering I am about as internet savvy as a donkey, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

How long ago (it can take 24hrs to propagate)?
Hm, milk was a bad choice. It was in a three hour span. So, Senior Casanova, you are telling me I need to be patient with her. Soon, the website will come to me?

Have you then set your new .co.cc as your main domain in your account panel, or a sub/parked domain in cPanel?
Um....what? Yes, I do dislike pickles. What an odd thing to ask.

So, all kidding aside (yeah right), I logged on to x10 after registering the co.cc domain. I mean x10 does make it pretty simple for that. They even tell you the DNS servers to use. After that I watched a little of the ftp tutorials and read up a little on php. But if time is an issue, I guess I'll just wait. Also that other techno-wizadry you uttered? I imagine I'm doing a subdomain since it's netsuperstore.co.cc. Doesn't that count as a subdomain? What am I suppose to do then? I have everything I need for the website. The Dreamweaver people are telling me that if I just upload the files via ftp then there is nothing more I have to do. I trust them about as far as I can throw them, so is that really all there is to it?

Okay, so double posting is a no no. Well here's my thing if anyone is on and helping. When I went to co.cc it asks to set up domain, right? I give it the DNS for here. It says, gravy. Then I head on over to my cPanel. I can't get the Webdisk to work, says no such folder exists, and my FileZilla (my ftp client) isn't connecting. Says 421. What is going on? Am I really just this dumb?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say it is likely that it as due to DNS propagation. The IP displayed in the ftp message in your first post is not the IP of your x10server.

The address seem to resolve nicely to the correct IP now though, can you access ftp now?

antiquitas

Reaction score
Well my re-reness seems to be subsiding. Looks like I just needed to wait. Still if I do get another domain from CO.CC how do I switch between the two? Or three or ten or ninety eight for that matter? Zen you mentioned making the site the main one. So does x10 support multiple domain registrations?

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, you can have more then one address to your account. Only one main address though.

You can have 3 parked domains, works essentially the same as main domain, they all point to the public_html folder.

You can also have 3 addon domains which you can point to different subfolders, note that each add on domain would create a sub domain of your main domain as well.

If you buy the double everything deal (one time fee) you can add even more, you can buy it two times max.

Status
Not open for further replies.