Help needed deciding on forum categories.

Mashy

Reaction score
I want to add a forum to my site, www.theneoclassicaldeathmetalsyndicate.com for people to talk about the band, and about stuff. I don't want it to become amazingly big, I just want it to be a place where a few people who like the band can talk and chill out. Only problem is I don't know what boards to have.
I know there needs to be one to talk about the band, one for any site news, and most likely an off topic, but what else? I want it to be a reasonable size, about five or six boards, and not to look too empty.

Any ideas for what other boards I could include?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

naim4u

Reaction score
you can usesimple message board.
but you need a flash board to have a voice chat.

its better to use message board (mboard), which is very simple .
i can send you after your replay.

Mashy

Reaction score
I am using the phpbb software, and don't really care for voice chat. I know how to use the software and everything, just need ideas for the individual boards.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, as its for a band, you could have as follows:

A cateogry named: Sitename (Whatever your website is called or based on)
Under that, you would have forums called something like "News and announcements", "Feedback and suggestions" and "Introduce yourself" (Thanks to x10hosting for the idea btw, i basically copied what they have).

Then you could have a category called: The Community
Have forums under it called: General chat, Off topic, some more that are based around bands and stuff such as "Favourite bands" or something i dunno...

Another Catergory called: HelpDesk
Forums called: General Help, Website Help and Forums Help.

Category called: Admin (Make it viewable by only admins and moderators of the forum)

Forums called: Bans (Where you would place posts about people who were banned from the forum and such) Reports (Where you would report website issues or forum issues or any other general issues)

Just make it up, and you can add things later if you need them.

ompster

Reaction score
hmm i thought this was a tech question but then i read it properly lol board topics hmm... check out http://www.fudgelive.com they are some random band that play at pubs lol but they have a forum maybe do something like theres?
hope this helps
cheers

Sohail

Reaction score
I could do this for you if you pay me with x10 credits as i have had a lot of experience with this.

I think PHPbb would be suitable for this as it is free, valuable and can be easily customized, which i am very good at. I you accept my offer then i would be able to install any mods you might like, i could even get a cool skin for your forum.

Another thing i could do is to set up a sub domain for your account which is what most people do with their forums. Even x10 did it as you can see your at forums.x10hosting.com.

I can set up everything including the boards which i have had a few ideas on already... That's some site name you have by the way.

InsanityOnline

Reaction score
That is by far the longest domain name I have ever seen.

Here is my general set up that I always use (or close to it):

-Administration-
-General-
-Features-
-Discussion-
-Links-

Mashy

Reaction score
Yeah, my band is called syndicate, but it was taken, so we decided on theneoclassicaldeathmetalsyndicate.com . It's certainly unique, and describes our style.
@sohailamir52 - No thanks. I can use the software fine, know how to install plugins and skins (made a few myself, too). I don't need any help on the technical side. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, this was a pretty stupid topic to make, on my part. I've decided on what will be there, thanks everyone.

This can be locked now, or whatever this forum's tradition is.