Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrim29588

Reaction score
I want to transfer my site another host so how do I backup public_html and my database to move them to the new host.

gomarc

Reaction score
Use a FTP program like FileZilla http://www.filehippo.com/download_filezilla/ to save all your files in your public_html folder to your local computer and then you can transfer them back to the new host.

Your databases can be exported from your CPanel > Databases > phpMyAdmin.

Sorry to hear you want hosting somewhere else, because x10 has a paid plan for only $20 a year that’s great.

Good luck!

Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score
Well, it’s really not that hard and almost sure you will need the FTP program to move the files to your new host.

Free accounts used to have a one click backup option, but it’s currently not enabled.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You can zip all the files using CPanel then just download the one zipped file.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
go to phpmyadmin (or phppgmyadmin) and click the "export" button.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
the better way is:
go to ur cpanel and then go to backup :: there backup only ur database or whole data

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
the better way is:
go to ur cpanel and then go to backup :: there backup only ur database or whole data

The new server may not support the same version of mysql or even mysql at all, so it would be beneficial to use the phpmysql tool and make sure your data is compatible with the new server.

I don't like the backup tool because it lacks options on what is backed up and how it is backed up.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
The new server may not support the same version of mysql or even mysql at all, so it would be beneficial to use the phpmysql tool and make sure your data is compatible with the new server.

I don't like the backup tool because it lacks options on what is backed up and how it is backed up.

but the backup tool is easier to operate

cgrim29588

Reaction score
I need someone I can trust to transfer everything for me I tried all day and couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.