Help regarding main domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun356y

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a little doubt about main domain... I have a premium domain that is valid for one year... If I change the main domain, can I revert back to the original domain? And how much time will the main domain changes usually takes? Thanks

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You can change domain names (registered to you) whenever and as often as you please.
Propagation can take up to 72 hours during which time you will notice that your website works one minute and does not work the next minute.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
note that if you after the year want to change back to the original domain, that does require that no one else has taken it by then.
A better option might be to park your premium domain, which allow both domains to work the same all the time.

arun356y

Reaction score
note that if you after the year want to change back to the original domain, that does require that no one else has taken it by then.
A better option might be to park your premium domain, which allow both domains to work the same all the time.
I have parked the premium domain but the problem I'm facing is that when I enter the domain name in the address bar, it just redirects me to the original domain that is mysite.x10hosting.com... What else I need to do after parking a domain

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I have parked the premium domain but the problem I'm facing is that when I enter the domain name in the address bar, it just redirects me to the original domain that is mysite.x10hosting.com... What else I need to do after parking a domain

Check whether you had any redirection in your cpanel(for parked domain).What is your domain name

arun356y

Reaction score
Domain name is s40tech.net and it is redirected to s40world.x10hosting.com(my site)

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Domain name is s40tech.net and it is redirected to s40world.x10hosting.com(my site)

Your site is loading fine for me. Its not redirecting.Its giving me a SMF forum.

arun356y

Reaction score
Yes bro a smf forum opens but just click on any board and then check the address bar it shows s40world.x10hosting.com , I want to get rid of that, I want my domain name to be appear there... Thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes bro a smf forum opens but just click on any board and then check the address bar it shows s40world.x10hosting.com , I want to get rid of that, I want my domain name to be appear there... Thanks

Go to smf admin panel, There you can change your website URL in General Configuration. Change it to s40tech.net

arun356y

Reaction score
Hey bro unable to find the general configration under admin panel, pls describe briefly

Edit:

Also pls tell me the nameservers, I'm using ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited by a moderator:

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Also pls tell me the nameservers, I'm using ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

The name servers you are using is correct.They will not change after migration

arun356y

Reaction score
So why its not working for me yaar, what is a glue record... Can anyone do it for me please I'm unable to do it...

Edit:

99 views still no reply, why?

arun356y

Reaction score
Hey pls give me a step by step tutorial bro... thanks for the support...pls don't close this thread because sometimes I'm unable to access your forums,

Edit:

Hey now I'm in real trouble, I changed my forum url to s40tech.net/forum and now when I access my site sometimes it takes me to s40world.x10hosting.com and sometimes to s40tech.net...help me as soon as possible friends

arun356y

Reaction score
Please help me I'm not able to log in into my forum, when I click on login it takes me to s40tech.net and when I enter the login details and hit login then it takes me to s40world.x10hosting.com and again ask for login and the process goes on, help me please

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem right now is if you look at the source code, some files are loading from s40world.x10hosting.com and others from s40tech.net, meaning directories are a bit messed up in the database.

I haven't tried this myself but this should work:

1) Backup your current configuration by using the Export feature in phpMyAdmin.

2) Revert all changes you have made for this thread (updating the URL in the configuration).

3) Download another backup after reverting changes.

4) Download the Repair Settings Tool: http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools.

5) Upload repair_settings.php to your forum root folder.

6) Run the script by visiting http://s40tech.net/repair_settings.php .This script fixes all URLs, updates settings and paths in the database.

At any point should this fail, you always have the backups to start over from.

Alternatively, you can download the sql backup, open with a text editor, and then find and replace all 's40world.x10hosting.com' with 's40tech.net'. Then import the new sql file. This would be the manual way.

Last edited:

arun356y

Reaction score
Hi, I think the second method is quite easy, are you sure that the second method will work, can anyone do this for me, I think I'll make a mistake again...pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.