Help setting up recently enabled PHP Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
Ok, I have been waiting for mail to be re-enabled, because every time my board tried to send an email, I would get a PHP error stating that mail had been disabled for security reasons. Now, I do not get that error anymore, nor do I get any other errors, yet the emails are not being sent. I would like to verify that I am using the correct settings in PHP. (Refer to the attached screenshot.)

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

markhere

Reaction score
As far as I am aware X10 does not allow mail to be sent via smtp only received. You have to use send mail function (php)

Elesarr

Reaction score
Ok, I have been waiting for mail to be re-enabled, because every time my board tried to send an email, I would get a PHP error stating that mail had been disabled for security reasons. Now, I do not get that error anymore, nor do I get any other errors, yet the emails are not being sent. I would like to verify that I am using the correct settings in PHP. (Refer to the attached screenshot.)

according to your screenshot you have selected the correct setting of "No". I would suggest however that you empty out the smtp info so those fields are blank.

If the problem persists, you might need to open a ticket with support.

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
according to your screenshot you have selected the correct setting of "No". I would suggest however that you empty out the smtp info so those fields are blank.

If the problem persists, you might need to open a ticket with support.
Ok, I emptied those fields. For the field "
E-mail function name:
The e-mail function used to send mails through PHP."Is "mail" correct? Or is it something else? Because emails are still not being sent.

Elesarr

Reaction score
Ok, I emptied those fields. For the field "
E-mail function name:
The e-mail function used to send mails through PHP."Is "mail" correct? Or is it something else? Because emails are still not being sent.

you'll want to enter: mail()

make sure to add the () ;)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
As far as I am aware X10 does not allow mail to be sent via smtp only received. You have to use send mail function (php)

x10 does allow you to use SMTP to send mail. I've done it a few times via Windows Mail and mail does in fact get sent out.

Last edited:

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
You should use php mail() function for sending mail!! need any help with php mail() function ask me

Elesarr

Reaction score
You should use php mail() function for sending mail!! need any help with php mail() function ask me

it is built into his forum software, zubair12 and I did answer what he needed to enter in the field ;)

ipodtouchforum

Reaction score
I am entering 'mail()" in to the field, but after I save the changes and come back to check if it worked, the () is not there, only "mail" as before... I don't think it allows parenthesis in the field.

Elesarr

Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking what software are you using? (forum, blog whatever and its name)

I might be able to assist you if I know more ;)

Elesarr

Reaction score
I am using PHPBB 3 (which is a forum).

ok. I'll take a look when I have a moment and see if I can figure out what's going on ;)

EDIT:

well didn't take as long as I thought it would...lol

3.2.2.2. Email settings

well "mail" would be the correct information to enter in the field. You have done this and email is still failing for you, so the only recourse you have since Corey indicated that the php mail() function is once again turned on is to submit a support ticket.

I am sure that you did not want to hear that since support is backed up and it will take time to get an answer/help for your situation.

Might I suggest you attempt to configure the smtp method to use for now until your issue with mail() is solved? The link I posted above gives you the information that you need to enter in the fields to make sure that it is working properly.

Wish I could be of more help :happysad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.