help! WEBSITE VIRUS ! !

jeyes5698

Reaction score
last time i visited my web site, I have no problem in my website. But this morning i visit my website and the page didn't appear but the kaspersky internet security appeared saying that a trojan has been detected, so i manually scanned my files, download and scan by AV, delete the virus script, and upload again to the site... but this method takes a lot of time specially if the website contains a lots of lots of files..so...

is there any program, website, things to install on server,, anything that scan the files in website and disinfect the virus, trojan? please help me in this.. thank you..

please email me at: webmaster@jeyes56.x10.mx

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well in general the idea is to -not- break the TOS of the hosting company you're using when asking for help. We've got a publicly accessible file uploader (which results in a permanent suspension for File Hosting), an RF DualLogin hack (I'm assuming it's a hack, it sure doesn't sound legit), Warcraft 3 Registry Installer, and a few other questionably legal things.

It's a permanent suspension for the publicly abusable file uploader though; you shouldn't have to worry about the virus at least.

Reaction score
BETTER TO READ TOS FIRST so that you will not have a problem on your account suspension, it happened to me before.

Last edited:

jeyes5698

Reaction score
OMG! i didn't read the Terms of Service, and i don't blame anyone other than my self for having a suspension. now i don't have a website....

but i still want to know how to fix the problem regarding a website virus.. if the same case happened to me again in the future..

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
OMG! i didn't read the Terms of Service, and i don't blame anyone other than my self for having a suspension. now i don't have a website....

but i still want to know how to fix the problem regarding a website virus.. if the same case happened to me again in the future..

When there's a virus in the website, generally a delete will deal with it. Some hosting companies allow you to also scan the account for viruses using ClamAV for example. x10Hosting in the past I know allowed for such a thing to occur. I'm wondering where it went on free hosting.

Last edited:

jeyes5698

Reaction score
When there's a virus in the website, generally a delete will deal with it. Some hosting companies allow you to also scan the account for viruses using ClamAV for example. x10Hosting in the past I know allowed for such a thing to occur. I'm wondering where it went on free hosting.

does it mean that there is no way to clean/scan a infected file in the website under the x10hosting? even if just to scan to know what are the infected files?

how does the virus infected the website?? the desktop can be infected via downloading in internet or via ubs,, how about the website how it is infected? im sure that my pc is clean before uploading to my web site.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
how does the virus infected the website??

In your case somebody probably just uploaded a bugged file, then when somebody tried downloading it their AV software caught it and then 'phoned home' so everyone would be warned.

Then of course there are the upload forms input fields, ideally these SHOULD be validated by a server side script or else all kinds SQL mischief can occur. Sorry if I sound a bit vauge but the line between security tips and hacking how to's are a little blurred.

As for your PC being virus free.. just because the AV says its clean aint allways the case. Rootkits and the likes of Conficker (aka Downadup) are often missed completely and if you installed a bugged package from the user uploads collection then it will be dug in like a tick.