Resolved Help with creating new domain e-mail address redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to create a new e-mail address with my domain name, that forwards to a Gmail account.
Is this something you could help me with? Via PM maybe?

Thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Email forwarders are not available for free hosting at this time, we can help remove any existing ones however if it would be needed.

Best course of action may be to use gmail as your mail handler completely, by setting the mx records accordingly, but since I don't use that option I can unfortunately not give you step by step for that.

Optionally gmail can handle adding third party accounts through a pop/smtp setup, should be found under settings.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Creating the account is however easy, under "Email manager"->"Email accounts", just click "Create Account" and fill in the required information.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is in DirectAdmin. You should not get a timeout on that, the only thing on that button that is still linked with cPanel is the name on it, you would get to directadmin with it though.

I'll take a peak on the server.

pipeno52

Reaction score
Thank you.
And meanwhile you look at that, if I was to do it through the GMail SMTP setup you've suggested, are any of these things related to x10Hosting? How should I fill them?

Attachments

• domain email gmail smtp.PNG
    domain email gmail smtp.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 8

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that is the place you want to use, the first prompt would be about pop3 account.

I believe that configuration would be to allow gmail to use your mailserver for sending all emails.

I have my gmail configured for swedish, so not exactly sure what the option would be in English (if it is not a direct translate that is), but it should be under "Accounts and Import" (or at least something like that), a bit down the page: "Check emails from other accounts: Add an email account". Note that I basically did a translate so wording may differ some.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
your screenshot does not work for me,
but you would log into your gmail, then go to settings and select "Accounts and Import"
then "Check mail from other accounts:" and add your x10 emails there.
(Anna beat me to it lol)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Would you by any chance be at a workplace/school environment? It is not uncommon for those places to block ports that are normally not needed for access, nothing on the server should prevent your login.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@pipeno52 Were you able to resolve your issue? Please let us know if you need any help or your thread will be closed for inactivity. Thank you.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@pipeno52 Please open a new thread if you need any further assistance. I'm closing this thread for inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.