Help with FTP please.

JayPurohit

Reaction score
Im trying to install a site from www.nuked-klan.org and I uploaded my files via WS_FTP Pro 2007 and I cant install my site. I also changed the file attributes but it still does not work. Help Please!

Domain: jaypurohit.x10hosting.com
jaypurohit.x10hosting.com/install.php

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
what is the error you get. and jaypurohit.x10hosting.com/ doesn't exist on X10 Servers.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Make sure you uploaded the files to the "public_html" folder.

JayPurohit

Reaction score
Make sure you uploaded the files to the "public_html" folder.
I kinda deleted everything in the folder and uploaded all my files to the home directory. Should I make a public_html folder and upload it there? This is what it looks like.
hmmm.jpg

LHVWB

Reaction score
Deleting everything was probably a bad idea, I think that it will probably stuff up your entire website, you may want to get an account manager to delete your account by asking in the "Upgrades/Downgrades/Changes" forum, although its possible that creating a public_html folder and putting everything in there will work.

I would highly recommend deleting your old account and getting a new one because some of those folders that you deleted such as public_ftp, perl and www can be quite important.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Those files/folders you deleted were important. Some things like e-mail will no longer work.

You will probably have to ask for your account to be terminated and them recreate it. Making sure you don't touch any files unless they are in the public_html folder.

JayPurohit

Reaction score
Those files/folders you deleted were important. Some things like e-mail will no longer work.

You will probably have to ask for your account to be terminated and them recreate it. Making sure you don't touch any files unless they are in the public_html folder.
Yikes. I made a site before on another host like a year ago and I deleted everything in there and it worked but I never knew those were important. How do I contact staff to get my account terminated so I can recreate one?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
As Verbsite said you should post in the "Upgrades/Downgrades/Changes" forum, and explain there what has happened. It may help to link to this thread, so the Account Managers can find it.

EDIT: Verbsite, you can type fast!!

Last edited:

LHVWB

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks a lot you two. Any ideas on how long it will take to terminate?

It won't take very long to be terminated but an account manager or above will have to do it, so you will have to wait until one of them answers your thread in that section.

JayPurohit

Reaction score
Ok I now have my new account all setup and ready to go. Where should I upload my files? Into the public_html folder or into the public_ftp folder?

LHVWB

Reaction score
The "public_html" directory is the correct place to put your website, it corresponds to your domain or subdomain. Ie. \home\(username)\public_html\index.php = www.(domain).com/index.php

LHVWB

Reaction score
Just leave the stuff thats in the folder and put your stuff into it as well, most of those folders are not shown on the website and I believe that some of them are important for the website.

JayPurohit

Reaction score
Just leave the stuff thats in the folder and put your stuff into it as well, most of those folders are not shown on the website and I believe that some of them are important for the website.
Thanks a lot. Uploading as i'm typing. :drool:
Edit:
Yay! It works. Thanks a lot guys. Check it out lol Click Me >>> It's not finished yet and im playing around with themes.

Last edited: