Hey, can sweden get unbanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icejjfish

Reaction score
So I live in sweden. And for some reason Sweden is banned which I would really like to know. The purpose with this thread was to get Sweden unbanned from x10hosting. I've had friends used this service and they have only said good things. I would really like Sweden to get unbanned as I would really like to use your service as you provide more and are generally better than the other hosts. So the question is
"Can Sweden get unbanned?"

Edit:
So I've now looked through almost all the post and reason why countries got banned.

So the first and the most important reason was that we had a high abused rate, okay I get that but it has gone almost 3 years or more. And the other reason is that most countries doesn't take copyright infringement seriously, tho here in Sweden we take copyright infringement really serious and we got laws that are similar to Us laws. So I and more people from Sweden would really appreciate it if we could use your magnificent service :D. So if you got any more reason(s) why Sweden is banned from your great service, can you please tell me then the reason(s).

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The list of countries are reviewed periodically, usually about once a year or something like that, at which time we consider what countries to allow or disallow.
As for response times, all staff on this forum are so as volunteers on their spare time, so a few hours is to be expected, especially on questions that the community itself can not respond properly.
Sweden was actually allowed for a while last year, but was removed at the edit made last fall due to abuse levels seen at that time.

icejjfish

Reaction score
The list of countries are reviewed periodically, usually about once a year or something like that, at which time we consider what countries to allow or disallow.
As for response times, all staff on this forum are so as volunteers on their spare time, so a few hours is to be expected, especially on questions that the community itself can not respond properly.
Sweden was actually allowed for a while last year, but was removed at the edit made last fall due to abuse levels seen at that time.
:( :( So the answer is no ? How high was the abuse percentage then? And was it normal or did you guys put it in high risk?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It was open for normal signups, I don't have the information on what abuse levels there was, I just know it was allowed for a period and then removed again.

As for the answer to whether it can be unbanned or not, that is not really my call to make, I'm not involved in making the reviews. You'll have to wait and see if it is unbanned when the list is next reviewed (I can't say when that will be either as it is not really on fixed dates).

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
So the answer is no ? How high was the abuse percentage then? And was it normal or did you guys put it in high risk?
A IP's 'country code' is removed form x10hosting's free-hosting "Whitelist" when the ratio of all accounts at x10hosting with that IP's 'country code' to accounts that are deleted (terminated) for being outside of the TOS (Terms of service) with that same IP's 'country code' reaches a set amount

icejjfish

Reaction score
It was open for normal signups, I don't have the information on what abuse levels there was, I just know it was allowed for a period and then removed again.

As for the answer to whether it can be unbanned or not, that is not really my call to make, I'm not involved in making the reviews. You'll have to wait and see if it is unbanned when the list is next reviewed (I can't say when that will be either as it is not really on fixed dates).
Why would you put that much in stake. Why didn't you guys change it to high risk list instead of setting it to normal signups?. And could I ask you guys if you could do it this time instead? Put sweden in high risk list? Anna you are also swedish, you know that Sweden take copyright infringement seriously.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
As @Anna said above...
You'll have to wait and see if it is unbanned when the list is next reviewed (I can't say when that will be either as it is not really on fixed dates).

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Why would you put that much in stake. Why didn't you guys change it to high risk list instead of setting it to normal signups?. And could I ask you guys if you could do it this time instead? Put sweden in high risk list? Anna you are also swedish, you know that Sweden take copyright infringement seriously.

I'm sure you can understand why the high-risk server did not last, if I remind you that the list of 'high risk' countries have a high proportion of service abusers...

I'm going to close this thread. At this time your options are to either wait, or sign up for an account with x10Premium from $3.95/month. x10Premium has 99.9% guaranteed uptime and fewer users per server, so performance is far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.