Hey Everyone, Here to Make a Website for a Group

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
I having been working with website design for several years now and am always excited to try new hosts. I am really surprised that I had never found this host till now. But it looks like my search for the "nearly" perfect free webhost is over! Thanks to the team that has put x10hosting together and thanks to this community for making sure that the nature of this hosting website has remained surprisingly happy while other free webhosts have turned cold due to abuse.

(If someoneAnyway, I am using my hosting to host a website for a group at a school. I do not fully understand the ToS, so would some be able to clarify if what I am doing is acceptable. Also, what are the limitations in terms of resource usage and storage usage. I will not be storing any files that are not directly used on my website. But this group is hoping to create videos and we are hoping to stream those videos on the website. Would that be acceptable? and what would be the restraints on the file sizes if I were allowed to do that.

Thank you again, and I hope that I will be able to use my knowledge to help people in the future.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes what you want to do is fine. BUT if your site is found basically using all the available free space x10 gives you, like bandwidth, or your site is putting a drag on the servers it may be a problem.

Basically if the site just started or will start, it should be fine...i'm not staff or anything just saying what I think would help you to a mere extent with your question or questions.

Good day.
John Klyne.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Video hosting on x10Hosting is not permitted and will easily get you a High Resource Usage suspension. You can upload the videos to somewhere else like YouTube and embed a flash player into your website though.
Also, welcome to x10Hosting! :)

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
Video hosting on x10Hosting is not permitted and will easily get you a High Resource Usage suspension. You can upload the videos to somewhere else like YouTube and embed a flash player into your website though.
Also, welcome to x10Hosting! :)

Thanks for the information!
And thanks to John Klyne and mancheter10460.
I was planning to use youtube or another video hosting website as a backup if I would not be able to put the videos on my site.

Qombat

Reaction score
If you don't want to use YouTube, my file hosting site will be supporting watermark-free video embedding very soon, just make sure it's not copywritten material.

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
If you don't want to use YouTube, my file hosting site will be supporting watermark-free video embedding very soon, just make sure it's not copywritten material.

Fantastic, your file hosting site looks very promising. Out of curiosity, where are you getting the hosting for that site from. And if you get a chance could you shoot me a PM when you do get the video hosting up?