hey read this... very important... can make a huge difference

delon

Banned
Reaction score
**** NOT EVERY PEOPLE VISIT THIS TOPIC BOARD, I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST MODERATORS AT X10HOSTING FORUMS TO MAKE PEOPLE VISITING THIS FORUM READ THIS TOPIC ********* ITS NOW OR NEVER.

see if no earth then no x10hosting, no net, no nothing.i hope you all will follow it, even 1 thing of them can make a huge difference.

The time to put global warming solutions into place is now. We can't wait any longer. Scientists say we need to turn the corner on global warming within 10 years to prevent very dangerous impacts from becoming inevitable. Each year that passes without tackling global warming head-on makes the problem more difficult and expensive to solve.
But at the same time, global warming has finally gotten our attention -- Americans are increasingly aware that a warming climate is a real threat to our way of life, and that we have a choice about how bad it will get.
The choice lies here: $16 trillion dollars will be invested in energy development over the next two decades. Will it be poured into polluting, obsolescent technologies that will bring on the worst of global warming? Or will these investments be shifted into to advanced, low-polluting technologies that will create the new energy economy that's needed to shut down global warming?
It's up to all of us to increase the heat on our elected officials: we need the right policies -- and we need them now -- to ensure that the technologies described here are deployed on the scale and timeframe that is needed to achieve deep reductions in global warming pollution by mid-century.

1. Boost Energy Efficiency

The cheapest and fastest way to cut global warming pollution is to make things that use electricity -- like appliances, industrial equipment and buildings -- more energy-efficient. We know this works -- most of us have bought an Energy Star appliance or two, and have seen firsthand how much money and energy they can save. But there's still much room for improvement, and we must continue to push for products that waste less energy. Likewise, "green building" design and construction can dramatically reduce the enormous amounts of energy that buildings consume in heating, cooling, lighting and water use.
2. Better Cars and Smart Growth

Our gasoline-burning cars are the second-largest source of U.S. global warming pollution. But Americans will put more than 300 million new cars on the road over the next 20 years -- if these cars are the best, most efficient vehicles Detroit can make, we'll take a big step toward solving global warming. Using hybrid engines and other ready-to-go technologies in today's cars could nearly double the mileage they'd get from a gallon of gas, saving a lot of money at the pump. By 2050, fuel-cell technologies and other advancements could boost efficiency to 54 miles per gallon.
We can curb our appetite for oil even further by adopting "smart growth" principles in our cities and towns, encouraging developers to build compact, walkable communities that allow people to spend less time behind the wheel.

3. Biofuels and Renewable Energy

Business-friendly, cost-competitive and ready to meet a significant portion of America's energy needs, renewable energy has gone mainstream. Wind power is the fastest growing form of electricity generation in the United States, expanding at an average annual rate of more than 20 percent. Solar energy employs more than 20,000 Americans in high-tech, high-paying jobs. And clean-burning biofuels made from plants show great promise as a replacement for gasoline -- ethanol producers already make 4 billion gallons of fuel a year, and new methods for making ethanol from farm wastes or energy crops could compete with oil on a very large scale in addition to providing extra income for farmers. By 2050, renewable energy and biofuels could meet a significant chunk of our energy needs.
4. Return Carbon to the Ground

Coal is the most carbon-intense of fossil fuels. Reducing use of coal through energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies will be the cornerstones of the solution to global warming, but the plain truth is that hundreds of new coal-fired power plants will probably be constructed around the world in coming years. Coal generates more than half of the electricity we use today, and it is in plentiful supply in such countries as China, India and the United States. A critical choice remains. Power plants have a long lifespan -- build the new coal plants with dirty, 19th-century technologies and we lock ourselves into high levels of global warming pollution for decades. We can instead choose a 21st-century alternative: Using existing technologies -- each in commercial operation today -- we can convert coal into a clean-burning gas and capture and dispose of the carbon dioxide deep underground, dramatically reducing air pollution from this dirtiest of fuels. If the United States doesn't invest in this technology, neither will China, India and other countries with large coal supplies.

thanx, i hope you all will follow it, even 1 thing of them can make a huge difference.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Hmm, go green or a extremely powerful PC? :biggrin:

But I agree with the energy save idea, as far as I know all of NZ's electric stations are renewable (wind and hydro dams).

LHVWB

Reaction score
But I agree with the energy save idea, as far as I know all of NZ's electric stations are renewable (wind and hydro dams).

Unfortionately Australia still runs mostly off coal power. Most attempts at alternative power sources (even nuclear) have been joke and haven't happened. At least we've signed the kyoto protocal. :happysad:

I agree that people need to do something about global warming but I doubt that this will get stickied or anything else because its a bit too political, if you want to discuss this sort of stuff then maybe you could do it in the Crossfire section.

hamsn

Reaction score
no one will do so
they just want to live , enjoy and die
whatever for future

they are actually competing for resources for future for their countries

furtoosh

Reaction score
no one will do so
they just want to live , enjoy and die
whatever for future

they are actually competing for resources for future for their countries

I agree with you. But, the change is necessary for future generations. The change should not be sudden. It must be gradual.

delon

Banned
Reaction score
What is wrong with the people, people tend to discuss about this issue a lot but are not ready to do anything about., just 1 major step by each one. whooa the global warming is solved.

what i am doing :
instead of petrol i am running my car on gas.
i dont use polythene bags, but use cloth bags
i use car pool or public transportation facilites
spread awareness, wherever possible
tend to go by foot or by cycle.
consume only organic food.
always switch of electric appliances whenever not needed.
use computer powered by solar panels
travel by train for city to city travles
use CFL bulbs instead of the old yellow one.

and wat abut u pple. what do u do.. just sleep around, waiting for the world to end. WAKE UP, I AM YOUR ALARM.

intheclutch

Reaction score
Not everyone believes global warming is human caused, and that our efforts should be focused on adapting rather than trying to control something that can't.

Some scientists also say that this year (or maybe it was last) was the coldest since 1998...but if we were...you know...warming...wouldn't that mean the temperature would have...gone up?

Some people also like to point out the natural cycle...and that we came out of a small ice age, and that obviously temperatures are going to rise after that.

Then there are others who would point out that Mars' ice caps are melting too...and that Jupiter's undergoing climate change...and that it would be really weird coincidence if theirs is natural and ours isn't.

Then there are some people who fit all those categories.

So what would you say to them?

delon

Banned
Reaction score
See you ppl dont know what exactly global warming is doing, we delhites know it better. it is raining from the past 2 weeks, and it is only May, what will happen in the real monsoon, it has ruined my Summer Vacation. And in Delhi summers used to be around 40 - 45 degree celcius and now its all gone.

intheclutch

Reaction score
Ah...and what about when the coldest day on record for almost 70 years happened in Delhi just a few years ago? Wasn't it something like 0.2 C in January 2006? Something like the second coldest day ever in Delhi...and it happened during "global warming" too, crazy isn't it?

I don't think in my previous post I said anything about not believing climate change is real. It is, as far as I know. The question is...how much of it is something we can control? More rain than usual, higher temperatures, so on and so forth...while all well and good (figuratively speaking), they don't show one way or another if climate change is man-made or not...they just show climate change is happening. Which is kinda funny really, because the climate has always been changing.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
instead of petrol i am running my car on gas.
always switch of electric appliances whenever not needed.

I am a little puzzled. At least my understanding, Petrol ( Petrol is made from crude oil. You put it in your car to make it go. ) and gasoline is the same thing, just named differently. So, if you stopped using petrol and used gas, isn't that the same?

And turning off electrical appliances doesn't always stop them from using electricity. The best bet would be to completely unplug them from power source.

delon

Banned
Reaction score
i meant i plug it off.
by gas i mean CNG - Compressed Natural Gas, which makes less pollution than Petrol.

kkenny

Reaction score
I don't really know if this is worth a sticky. But it's worth a bump.

jerrycraft

Reaction score
Global warming could now mean a death sentence for many coral reefs. If the present rate of destruction continues with temparature rising, most of the world's coral reefs could be killed within our lifetime.

global warming > bleaching coral > No coral > No fish sanctuary > No fish.

No fish in next life time if this continue. We are now start to eat type of fish that we never eat before in the pass 5 to 10 years. Fishing boat is starting to catch fish in very very deep sea. Some fish that is common is now extinct. Something major and huge must be done soon. Or else....