High system resource info

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinni1

Reaction score
Could anna or someone post why i got suspended I dont have any thing.
Please

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently you are unsuspended. You were suspended for high system resource usage. Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected to have consistently high CPU usage, memory usage, or process amounts.

dlukin

Reaction score
I would be nice if they could supply some information when they suspend for this reason.
Was it CPU usage or memory?
What was the full URL that caused the problem? And don't say "index.php" . That shows that the Staff doesn't have a clue.
I understand that they cannot supply profiling type information, but "disable your plugins" isn't much help when others with a similar configuration do not get suspended. Or the account runs 95% of the time without suspension and then BANG!
I understand that the rules are there to prevent abuse, but most threads here seem to people who are not abusing the system.

BTW, you are better off if the script hits the PHP memory limit of 64M and crashes. That probably won't cause a suspension (you aren't using a lot of resources for a "lot" of time).

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I would be nice if they could supply some information when they suspend for this reason.
Was it CPU usage or memory?
What was the full URL that caused the problem? And don't say "index.php" . That shows that the Staff doesn't have a clue.
I understand that they cannot supply profiling type information, but "disable your plugins" isn't much help when others with a similar configuration do not get suspended. Or the account runs 95% of the time without suspension and then BANG!
I understand that the rules are there to prevent abuse, but most threads here seem to people who are not abusing the system.

BTW, you are better off if the script hits the PHP memory limit of 64M and crashes. That probably won't cause a suspension (you aren't using a lot of resources for a "lot" of time).

It's FREE hosting. Why should we use our time telling you why YOUR site is using so much resources?

~Callum

dlukin

Reaction score
You have logs.
They show the script (with query string, which is vital information) that caused the problem.
They show whether the problem was CPU or memory.
Would it take so long to cut and paste the information so the user had a starting point?

I am not asking you to look over his list of plugins and his configuration and figure out the problem for him. I am asking to share some information so he can comply and be a good member.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It's FREE hosting. Why should we use our time telling you why YOUR site is using so much resources?

~Callum

That reply is way out off line, we're happy to give information to help sort the issue.
It just might take us a little time to tend those requests.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could anna or someone post why i got suspended I dont have any thing.
Please

This is from the logs:
Sun 06 Jun 2010 12:19:12 / 1275841152:
cpu: 80.600
mem: 0.200
ctm: 00:00:12
commands: (1 total)
pid 19594 $ php5 PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin REDIRECT_HANDLER=application/x-httpd-php5 REDIRECT_STATUS=200 UNIQUE_ID=TAvKcEWveAoAAEgGN1YAAAFJ HTTP_ACCEPT=text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET=ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7 HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING=gzip,deflate HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-gb,en;q=0.5 CONTENT_LENGTH=37 HTTP_COOKIE=PHPSESSID=eb571fbee0da7ddce2e543069e0bd276 HTTP_HOST=foot-ball-game-card.co.cc HTTP_REFERER=http://foot-ball-game-card.co.cc/pfn/xestion/varios/index.php?PHPSESSID=eb571fbee0da7ddce2e543069e0bd276 HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 CONTENT_TYPE=application/x-www-form-urlencoded HTTP_CONNECTION=keep-alive HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE=115 SERVER_SIGNATURE= SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache SERVER_NAME=foot-ball-game-card.co.cc SERVER_ADDR=69.175.120.10 SERVER_PORT=80 REMOTE_ADDR=212.183.140.29 DOCUMENT_ROOT=/home/adamlr14/public_html SERVER_ADMIN=webmaster@foot-ball-game-card.co.cc SCRIPT_FILENAME=/usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5 REMOTE_PORT=47448 REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING=PHPSESSID=eb571fbee0da7ddce2e543069e0bd276 REDIRECT_URL=/pfn/xestion/varios/index.php GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1 SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1 REQUEST_METHOD=POST QUERY_STRING=PHPSESSID=eb571fbee0da7ddce2e543069e0bd276 REQUEST_URI=/pfn/xestion/varios/index.php?PHPSESSID=eb571fbee0da7ddce2e543069e0bd276 SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-sys/php5 PATH_INFO=/pfn/xestion/varios/index.php PATH_TRANSLATED=/home/adamlr14/public_html/pfn/xestion/varios/index.php

At that point your account was using 80 % of one CPU. You can for a short period of time use up to 25% of the cpu, but consistent high usage does also trigger the suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.