High system resource usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalenoes

Reaction score
Hello, lately I've been suspended for 'high system resource usage' quite frequently. Would any of the admins like to take a look at my account to see what could be the culprit? I currently only host my webpage (not updated for a while now) and a Wordpress blog. My blog didn't give me any problems before the MySQL issues (and is still giving occasional timeouts when querying the database).

jalenoes

Reaction score
Hello guys, any help here please? Or could someone escalate this thread to the account managers or something?

It's been 10 days since I created this thread and there's no response. Oddly enough, the suspensions stopped after I created this so I thought somehow the issues had been resolved. But today the suspensions returned. Seriously, suspended for 3 times a day is just......

I've already disabled all my WP plugins to see if any of those were causing the issue. I'm getting DB timeouts all the time now. Perhaps I'm getting suspended for excessive DB queries? Can't help it if the DB requests keep dying on me.

Would love to resolve this, let me know if you need me to provide more info or error logs. Thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a quick check of the logs for the suspensions, but they didn't reveal any conclusive information about what exactly is causing it, other then it is something with the blog. Log indicates index itself, which usually means it is a plugin that loads with every page load. It is CPU that keeps going high, highest note I saw was 300, which means your account were using 3 full CPU's.

Also the number of open processes increased with each entry, to a certain point, which would suggest some processes are executing rather slow so there's more concurrent ones then there'd normally be, causing the total cpu to go that high.

This could be related to some ongoing maintenance (clearing out inactive accounts), which would cause slowness/high load on the servers, and thus explaining why there's so many processes started at the same time. Since you say the problem came back today, that does fit the timeline. The maintenance process was started sometime in the last 24 hours from what I can find out, but I can not say with certainty how long it is gonna take to be fully executed.

jalenoes

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Today I had another suspension due to the same reason. All had been well for the past 3 weeks and I hadn't made any changes to my blog. If 3 weeks went by uneventfully with exactly the same settings, I would assume that the problem isn't with my blog. I seem to have issues logging in - probably DB queries terminating prematurely just like before.

Wondering if any maintenance work had been scheduled? I'm kinda worried now as the suspension records state that this is Warning 1 of 3. If this is gonna be a frequent recurrence my account is gonna get terminated when I'm away at work.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Your account won't get terminated unless it takes you more than 14 days to respond to a suspension. The issue with the suspensions now could simply be because your getting more traffic to your site now than before. The 1 of 3 just represents how many times you have been suspended, and after the 3rd, you can't unsuspend your self(To help fight abusers who hit the server hard, unsuspend themselves, hit it hard again, etc.) but simply post and you can get unsuspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.