high system resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1212

Reaction score
Hi all,
today I had my account suspended for 'high system resource usage'.
It is unsuspended now and all is fine but it is saying '1 of 3'.
I would hate to think that I could lose my website over some thing like this when I don't really know what I did.
It could be that I put it into some kind of infinite loop or some thing but I don't think so, I only use java script and PHP.
Have people been suspended befor becouse of bad scripting?

Thanks M

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
today I had my account suspended for 'high system resource usage'.
It is unsuspended now and all is fine but it is saying '1 of 3'.
I would hate to think that I could lose my website over some thing like this when I don't really know what I did.
It could be that I put it into some kind of infinite loop or some thing but I don't think so, I only use java script and PHP.
Have people been suspended befor becouse of bad scripting?

Thanks M

I'll start at the first part, the 1 of 3. At 3, you can still get unsuspended, you just have to post back and have a mod undo it; at the same time ask for more info on which file caused it, and they can usually dig up which one is causing it :)

Second, the bad scripting part. That's probably what causes most of the suspensions to begin with. In the case of Wordpress and other CMS', it's usually a poorly done plugin (or one that just flat out does a lot of resource intensive stuff). About all I can recommend is rechecking anything you added in recently, and if it does it again let us know so we can try to identify the file in question, so you've got a better idea where to start :)

Don't worry too much about -completely- losing the site though; in all honesty the only way I can see losing it would be if it gets suspended 3 times and you forget to post back to get it unsuspended within 10 days, and it gets erased. X10's one of the few hosts that lets you run as much as they do, and because of that they had to do the High Resource suspensions. They're more than willing to at least try and locate the files in question so you can either disable the plugin (if it's a plugin for something) or remove/recode the file so it doesn't use up as much as it was :)

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PHP testing/TestingAjax/TestSet01/Run_cards.php

This is the script that is getting you suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.