Hope this is the right place to post this.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Okay so on my website, On my 17 inch screen, it fits perfect. But when I go on my 22inch monitored computer its off to the left, is there anyway i can center the whole site so that no matter the size of the monitor it will always be in center, preferabbly an HTML Code.

crisp

Reaction score
ummm...yeah..

Code:
CODE YOUR SITE INTO 1024X748 DIMMENSIONS!
:D...thats all you can do.
all you can do? there's more to html layouts than static fixed width. try a (insert search engine of choice here) search for 'fluid layout' and 'elastic layout '

wiileg3nd

fluid layout is what you're looking for, there's plenty of tuts and examples out there, I'm not gonna make recommendations, as I haven't used any of them, but I'm sure you'll find one to suit your needs.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
leafypiggy, please don't reply if you don't know what the hell you are talking about. The sites fine for 1024X748 and it's fine for anything below it, 17inches support 1024X748. 1680 by 1050 is what I have. Basically what I'm asking for is I don't care for the images to auto-resize or whatever, I just want them to align in the center. crisp I'm a bit confused on what your talking about, but I'll check it out.

sunils

Reaction score
Enclose the html code in you have used within the body tag by this code.

<body><div align="center">Your entire page code goes here</div></body>

gottaloveit

Reaction score
The above code is good, cause it uses CSS, which is a good way to apply the style to your pages (maybe you already know a lot about CSS, in that case sorry to repeat).

It is best to use an external CSS stylesheet that you link to, cause then it's just easier to read your code.

For aligning the page in the center of the screen, I've found that the way described above, using align:center; is great. However, IE6 sometimes doesn't like it. Because of that, I usually do the following to align my pages:

body {
text-align:center;
}

site_wrapper {
margin:0px auto;
}

That code would go in your external CSS stylesheet, and then on your HTML page you put the following:

<div id=site_wrapper>

<!*** site goes here **>

</div>

Last edited:

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind, "gottaloveit", but at the moment I'm too nubbish to understand that crap, and too lazy to learn. Thanks though, I'll still give you rep.

kkenny

Reaction score
I think I may have a solution too.

When your using the attributes "width" and "height" instead of using pixels to make it look good only in your resolution/monitor, you could use % (percentages) to make it look good in many resolutions/monitors because % stretch across the percent of the user's screen.

xiadow001

Reaction score
Percentages mess up everything when the window is being resize.. :eek4:

Try using both percentages and min-width, min-height, w/e....