Hosting Account Space Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillonch

Reaction score
Hello, I have been using x10hosting's free plan to host a project that contains several hundred family photos so that everyone can look through and share memories. However, I have exceeded 1GB and now my site is falling apart. I have over 3GB of photos, and before I tried to update the framework I'm using, everything looked fine. However, because of surpassing my quota, the framework is unable to update and the site looks broken up since it was in the middle of updating when it failed.

I was hoping I could be given some more space to keep my project up and running. I appreciate and love the service I've gotten from you guys.

Thank you!

djalam

Reaction score
I'm not a x10 staff member, or a volunteer. Another user just like you, and this is just my personal advice, that it might be more convenient for you to host your family photos on picasa or flikr, and use the album links from there to host on your x10. You will have more than 15gb of space at least on either of those photo hosting sites to link from to your site on x10. Just my 2 cents, it might not be the best solution for you either. You know best

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi dillonch,

What djalam said is completely correct. Though we do allow people to increase their disk limit by request, we will always limit photo galleries to 1GB on free hosting. To host all your photos, you may have to either host them externally and reference to them from your website, or you could compress your photos (as they should be if they're going to be used on a website) and upload a smaller, compressed version of the photos.

Thank you,

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Flickr free gets 1TB of space now, I believe.

dillonch

Reaction score
Okay, thank you guys for the suggestions! I'll just move to flickr.

Status
Not open for further replies.