Hosting Account Space Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

The Internal Server Error was being caused by an invalid line in your .htaccess file. I have now commented out the line, and your site now appears to show "Site is moving!". :)

We can't upgrade your disk space at this time, as the majority of your space is being used for File Hosting.

Thank you,

dave1482

Reaction score
I use it somewhat as a repository, and i do find the space limiting. I do not put any illegal files on the server, as I know for sure I would not want you to get involved with anything bad I may have up there.

dave1482

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

The Internal Server Error was being caused by an invalid line in your .htaccess file. I have now commented out the line, and your site now appears to show "Site is moving!". :)

We can't upgrade your disk space at this time, as the majority of your space is being used for File Hosting.

Thank you,
Also, thank you!

caftpx10

Reaction score
@Dead-i is saying that he cannot do such thing because of file hosting (which is against the ToS). The files have to be related to your content posted on your site.
If you would like more information, it's right at this link: https://www.x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service
For quick reference:
Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.
This rule applies regardless if the content uploaded is illegal or not.

taptapvi

Reaction score
that is what i am going to do. all the files available for the repository will have info pages and my website will be about Cydia.

caftpx10

Reaction score
that is what i am going to do. all the files available for the repository will have info pages and my website will be about Cydia.
You may want to read my post. I doubt that using free hosting as a repo is a good idea, unless it follows the requirements of that rule I've quoted.

taptapvi

Reaction score
You may want to read my post. I doubt that using free hosting as a repo is a good idea, unless it follows the requirements of that rule I've quoted.
i have read the post above. My website will be about my repo.

caftpx10

Reaction score
i have read the post above. My website will be about my repo.
If it does link to those files then MAYBE you could get around that rule.
I don't want to get blamed for any suspensions of any kind so I would wait for the pro to come on and have their word.

taptapvi

Reaction score
If it does link to those files then MAYBE you could get around that rule.
I don't want to get blamed for any suspensions of any kind so I would wait for the pro to come on and have their word.
i agree. It would definitely relate to those files. Depictions and such will be on the site, to show alongside the file in Cydia (an app iOS jailbreakers use to install packages) @Dead-i

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I forwarded this thread to our Abuse Compliance Officer earlier, as I wasn't sure about this. The decision was taken to suspend the account due to the File Hosting. If you feel this is incorrect, please file an appeal by logging in at:

https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

Thank you, and sorry for any inconvenience caused

Status
Not open for further replies.