Hosting questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

evmdude

Reaction score
Been quite some time since I used x10.. so here we go.

Do you still have to merge forum and hosting accounts?
I ask since I saw no such option in the account panel.

Do you still have to add an x10 banner?
If so, I have no issue with that.

And to keep my account active, I have to log into the portal once a month right?
If thats the case from what I read in the TOS, again, no issue with that since I do uploads with cpanel aside from ftp.

The hosting is great. Page load much faster than the paid host I once used.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You would still need to have a forum username together with the cpanel name

I saw there's no hosting, or portal, account matched up with the forum account you posted this from, so if you already signed up you'd have a new forum account as well, with the same username as you have for the hosting, which we recommend that you use since that is linked with information needed for helping with support questions.

If you have not signed up for a new hosting account I believe that if you try to login to the portal (https://x10hosting.com/portal/) with the details of this forum account a portal account would automatically be set, can't swear that would be the case though unfortunately.

We have as far as I know never required that users put an x10 banner on site, I been around since 2009 and there was never a requirement during the time I been active. We did however have an optional banner scheme were you could get some extra benefits by adding the banner. We do not have this option now.

Yes, you would need to login to the portal at least once every 31 days to keep the account active. Do note that cPanel and account portal is NOT the same thing, the account portal would be at https://x10hosting.com/portal/ and be the place where you manage such things as contact email for your account.

Last edited:

evmcomic

Reaction score
Ok, in my portal, it tells me my memeber name and forum name is evmcomic, there was no password that worked with it so I registered in the forums with the name given in the portal.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, when I look up the hosting account evmcomic, I get a response that the forum account would be agrcelem, which is not even close to being logical...

I'll see if I can get an admin to connect them properly for you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not heard back from the admin that would be able to actually access the backend in the way needed to switch the forum account attached with your account portal for the hosting account. I'm sure he'll get to it in due time, but there may be other more pressing matters for him to tend to.

Since the login requirement now is for the account portal and not forum as it used to be, the only inconvenience is when you'd seek support since only the linked forum account would show the details of the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.