Hosting Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I want to take a minute and update everyone on the status of the free hosting sign ups, for those of you who are interested. The sign ups are still 'disabled' for the time being. We're working on getting new servers set up and our 'backend' set up\configured for multiple servers.

This has been posted a few times by the staff members here, but it seems a lot of people are either not searching, nor listening, to that information posted when they post asking about "why they have not received their account's information" and what not.

The earliest estimate of when sign ups will be 'turned back on' would probably be in early-to-mid December. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We will try to answer them to the best of our abilities. :]

Thanks,
-Bryon

mattyranks

Reaction score
I think you forgot to note that itis the Automatic Sign-Ups that are disabled.

Accounts are still being created manually - right?

Chris Z

Reaction score
they're not being created at all right now, as far as I'm concerned

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
mattyranks said:
I think you forgot to note that itis the Automatic Sign-Ups that are disabled.

Accounts are still being created manually - right?

I think people understand its the "automatic" signups ... most signups are automatic. But he did state :

Bryon said:
The sign ups are still 'disabled' for the time being.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
All signups except for paid hosting are 'disabled.'

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We're all working very hard on getting the new server up and running for accounts. There are quite a few scripts that have to be modified to support multiple servers. Everything that is automated has to be modified to beable to tell which server a user is on.

We are doing very well and will hopefully have some type of free signups back on tomorrow, whether it be in small batches or all.

-Corey

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey said:
We're all working very hard on getting the new server up and running for accounts. There are quite a few scripts that have to be modified to support multiple servers. Everything that is automated has to be modified to beable to tell which server a user is on.

We are doing very well and will hopefully have some type of free signups back on tomorrow, whether it be in small batches or all.

-Corey

does this mean all the pending accounts will be made in JM????;)

Also fast work corey + bryon, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

mikel2k3

Reaction score
well i now know why my hosting hasnt gone through...lol.
Hmmmm, thanks for posting this :D

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Pending accounts that were 'activated' by responding to the activation E-mail will be created.

-Corey

hexzar

Reaction score
thanks i just got accepted, although my site did get deleted cos the person thought it was inactive when it had very active forums on it.

It doesn't matter, i'm just glad to be with x10hosting again.

You guys own!

lambada

Reaction score
By 'active' we mean that you must visit and be logged in on these forums once every two weeks.

Last edited:

unknown

Reaction score
Um.... im still not quite understanding....

"
All signups except for paid hosting are 'disabled.'

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.
"
I just signed up for free hosting.. does this mean that it wont be created at all, or that it will still be done manually, or that it wont get set up til dec. sometime??? im confussed....

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
whenever they get turned back on, which may be december. Im not sure.

unknown

Reaction score
:( i was really needing to move my site before the end of the month.. Maybe I can find another host til this ones set up.

lambada

Reaction score
Maybe, but all I can say is that x10 is definitely the best free host there is and is well worth waiting for.

kabflash

Reaction score
lambada said:
Maybe, but all I can say is that x10 is definitely the best free host there is and is well worth waiting for.

I have to agree with this, I'll wait 6 months if I have too, I've had free and paid here before. The free is better then alot of paid plans, and the community is awesome.

Leeef

Reaction score
OK so I signed up for a free account and have clicked the link on the activation email I got. So will I get an email when my account is ready for me to upload my website? Until that happens will I be able to log on to my customer account or just on the forums?

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Just the forums, you'll get an email when its all ready to go.

Marky

Reaction score
I'm reading true all of your forums and just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.